Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree. recently started Carpentry, and Im horrified to see the shoddy priest staff recipe for 20k or higher, when I bough a staff recipe 20 levels higher for 400. it should be the reverse...20k for the high end recipes, while the lower tier recipes should run 400k or so.

Not sure why this is. perhaps the drop rate are the same, but with a larger amount of lower level carpenters on the server, the lower tier recipes are used personally more often, resulting in a scarcity of them on the market? Just conjecture really, but the point remains...we need a higher drop rate for the lower tier skill books. specifically the ones that you cannot get elsewhere.

Not only does the current setup reduce player sense of accomplishment with their skillset progression, but it also encourages those who are only in it for monetary reasons to watch vendors and snap up those low tier recipes, further diminishing the pool for those who honestly just want to craft with them.

Not a good design.
    Last edited by Temjiu; 01-18-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the reasons you can't just train everything from a trainer is because there is an element for every class to make upgrades not be easy. If you put real effort into wanting to play a certain class then over time you will have the skills.

"But people sell flamestrike for 20k and I'm a new character!"

This is really a fault of everyone being able to try everything and get it to level cap pretty easily. It is actually super rare to find someone who just says they will play at most 4-6 classes and be done with mostly everything else. I promise you that I can relate as I played unarmed a long time without having the scroll skills.

And then I changed to fire/mental and once again I was always feeling underskilled due to the rarity of fire mats. And then the joke was on me at level 50 when I discovered that the next set of resources is basically a situation where you are a well geared level 70 and farm them or pay 10-20k each (you need like 45 total).

Go out and farm sub level 30 bosses as soon as they are off cooldown and you can probably get them in a few days. Nobody wants to do that though... and so everyone just pays the 20k for convenience.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just an issue of how game currently is. We have many players at high lvl doing near current end game stuff.
    Rather than go back and spend hours grinding low dungeons and bosses for recent added skills/recipes they are willing to pay what is in effect less than an hours worth of work.
    As time goes by and these players get those abilities and recipes done demand will no doubt drop.

It's annoying enough I imagine for the folks at correct lvls of new dungeons to be surrounded by high lvl players tearing into new dungeons just to kill the bosses, without them hanging around for a week to get all the new recipes that they more than likely will barely use and just want for semi completion.

Flamestrike is a priest ability that skill set can not be obtained until Kur so really for most the pattern should be as newish player in sth serb save the recipes from there till later.
    Last edited by Celler; 03-08-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Thread Footer