Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reduce animal town timer with favour or animal level

My problem at the moment is I am deer/druid and trying to build favour in animal town. Animal druid basically make the druid bird forms unusable if you want to keep using animal town.

The issue occurs if you are deer or cow which require wooden shoes to use druid skills, if you transform to bird your wooden shoes get unequipped but the game won't recognise any hand held wooden weapon without transforming from animal to humanoid then to bird. This then resets the animal town 3 hour timer.

So a choice of animal druid is not use bird form when there is any chance of combat (surveying for me today) or lose the ability to talk to your trainers for 3 hours.

My suggestion would be either make the 3 hour timer a one off thing or make it reduce similar to the lycan transform with skill level or I think a more feasible option reduce the timer with favour levels from the animal town residents, they like you remember is the reason for favour, I would either decrease it 10 minutes or so per NPC friend level or a larger decrease for say close or best friends, such that 3 npc's at best friends level would reduce the timer to zero.

At the moment I think the only animals affected are deer and cow but if carpentry increases the number of animal form with wooden equipment, say pig or rabbit would be a nice mix with druid this will affect a wider part of the player base,

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkt View Post
    My problem at the moment is I am deer/druid and trying to build favour in animal town. Animal druid basically make the druid bird forms unusable if you want to keep using animal town.

The issue occurs if you are deer or cow which require wooden shoes to use druid skills, if you transform to bird your wooden shoes get unequipped but the game won't recognise any hand held wooden weapon without transforming from animal to humanoid then to bird. This then resets the animal town 3 hour timer.

So a choice of animal druid is not use bird form when there is any chance of combat (surveying for me today) or lose the ability to talk to your trainers for 3 hours.

My suggestion would be either make the 3 hour timer a one off thing or make it reduce similar to the lycan transform with skill level or I think a more feasible option reduce the timer with favour levels from the animal town residents, they like you remember is the reason for favour, I would either decrease it 10 minutes or so per NPC friend level or a larger decrease for say close or best friends, such that 3 npc's at best friends level would reduce the timer to zero.

At the moment I think the only animals affected are deer and cow but if carpentry increases the number of animal form with wooden equipment, say pig or rabbit would be a nice mix with druid this will affect a wider part of the player base,
    Naw this is meant to prevent humanoid players that wanna uncap or unlock stuff from quickly doing so then undoing animal form after they unlock everything then never touching animal form again the whole point is to make you invest time into planning your animal form build so why should we change that, also veteran players might get a little p**** off if they had to go through all these struggles while new players dont

Also another reason is i hate being in animal form because they look ugly to me other players can do it but Im not and them putting that timer gives me a reason not to touch it and reinforces that idea in my head, but that beside the point anyways a little suffering never hurt anyone I know alot of animal players that are permanently in animal form doing fine as long as they dont change back to humanoids and some of them are actually pretty dam good tanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spider91301 View Post
    Naw this is meant to prevent humanoid players that wanna uncap or unlock stuff from quickly doing so then undoing animal form after they unlock everything then never touching animal form again the whole point is to make you invest time into planning your animal form build so why should we change that, also veteran players might get a little p**** off if they had to go through all these struggles while new players dont

Also another reason is i hate being in animal form because they look ugly to me other players can do it but Im not and them putting that timer gives me a reason not to touch it and reinforces that idea in my head, but that beside the point anyways a little suffering never hurt anyone I know alot of animal players that are permanently in animal form doing fine as long as they dont change back to humanoids and some of them are actually pretty dam good tanks
    Did you actually read the problem? I have a whole skill tree unusable when I switch animal forms without going humanoid in the middle, I am trying to stay animal!

Your first argument about unlocking and never going back is self defeating, my proposal only comes of benefit to long term animals, those who switch to unlock Legs Tailor stuff then never use animal again will gain nothing as they still have a 3 hour wait.

Your 2nd comment is also shit, if you don't like animal and don't want to play animal why do you care?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Silkt;13539]Did you actually read the problem? I have a whole skill tree unusable when I switch animal forms without going humanoid in the middle, I am trying to stay animal!

Your first argument about unlocking and never going back is self defeating, my proposal only comes of benefit to long term animals, those who switch to unlock Legs Tailor stuff then never use animal again will gain nothing as they still have a 3 hour wait.

Thats what im saying is the problem if we make exceptions people will take advantage and not touch certain skills later on down the line hint why theres a timef and other limiting factors so this idea will flat out not happen

Ps. This is the semi not sugercoated version

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkt View Post
    Did you actually read the problem? I have a whole skill tree unusable when I switch animal forms without going humanoid in the middle, I am trying to stay animal!

Your 2nd comment is also shit, if you don't like animal and don't want to play animal why do you care?
    Thats what im saying is the problem if we make exceptions people will take advantage and not touch certain skills later on down the line hints why theres a timer and other limiting factors, so this idea will flat out not happen

Ps. This is the semi not sugercoated version
    Last edited by spider91301; 11-05-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the timer is stupid.

But the specific problem here is that a deer loses their equipment when being turned into another animal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The simple answer to this is that animals are not supposed to be able to go directly into bird form (even if you are a druid). The prohibition seems intentional in that case to force you to go humanoid first; it is a travel restriction for animal forms.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the timer of 3 hrs is just fine, many a times i had to do it and 3 hrs is nothing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never been a big fan of this to be honest.
    I'm only ever in animal form long enough to use animal town whilst the moon is full normally.

I'd like it if each animal class gave you a 30 minute reduction at lvl 50 or so.
    Mainly cause that would mean I'd pretty much have no timer.

Thread Footer