Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm quite happy with the existing sort, really. There are a few hiccups I run into which have mostly been mentioned already:

- Assuming that "tools" means shovels, skinning knives, butcher knives, etc, I'd really prefer to have those sorted right after the equipment since I'd never want to sell mine or change mine, and I'd prefer not having them mixed in with random stuff I may pick up. I have actually accidentally vendored or bank-stored multiple autopsy kits because they looked like random junk documents and sorted close to the random junk documents...

- Using the same "I wouldn't want to sell this" reasoning, I'd probably move arrows up in the sort order, although the arrow icon is distinctive enough that accidentally dumping them is not really an issue.

- Food. I'd prefer not having a separate category for cheese and either have just have a single "prepared food" category, or a "meals" category and a "snack" category, with cheese included in either as appropriate. If food value doesn't correspond to level, I'd like to have it sorted by meal level.
    I wouldn't mind sorting fruit and other non-prepared edible items in with the prepared foods since sometimes I'm just looking for "anything I can eat", but I'm fine leaving them where they are, too.

- In general, I'd prefer sorting items by level rather than value. I'm not sure if that's worth any dev effort though since 99% of the time value corresponds to level. I mostly run into level sorting issues on my recipe alt where I have a bunch of similar-looking items in my inventory, and I have no idea what the value of a level 30 cooking scroll vs the value of a level 60 tailoring scroll is. It would help me to either have the recipes sub-grouped entirely by skill or really just by level since a level sort would allow me to tell when I'm getting close to what I'm looking for. Since we are not supposed to hoard, I'm not sure how valid this scenario is though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also fairly content with the current sort order.

There are two things I would like changed though:

1. Sort equipment by Loadout where possible (I note that the same item can be used in multiple Loadouts, so some decision logic is required e.g. by load out number?)
    2. When multiple stacks of the same item are held in inventory, sort by the least quantity first.

Many thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would've been nice to be able to make items unsellable, i've very often sold items by mistake.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current sorting is decent, but like others said, it is frustrating when similar item types don't group together. The biggest kicker for me is the icons as they change every few updates, and always seem to have multiple different items with the same icon (ie: toxic ice sludge, toxic sludge, ectoplasm, etc. right now). That makes the sort kind of useless since I need to manually check all of the matching icons after/while memorizing what the new art corresponds to.

I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but it would be cool to sort vendor 'Used' tabs too by price, item type, whatever.... sometimes I just want to buy lots of one item and would save some time if I could reduce scrolling through large lists (like Joeh).

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramis View Post
    Would be great to have all the mushrooms together followed by all the mushroom powders together, or even better if the mushroom powders and suspensions were placed after their matching mushroom. I would love flowers and seeds to be sorted the same way.
    This is a great idea too! I often manually sort my storage so that powders/suspensions follow the corresponding mushroom, same with wood/perfect wood/chips, flowers/seeds, skins/rolls, etc.
    Last edited by Daguin; 10-30-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyramis View Post
    Mushrooms are the same way. Would be great to have all the mushrooms together followed by all the mushroom powders together, or even better if the mushroom powders and suspensions were placed after their matching mushroom. I would love flowers and seeds to be sorted the same way.
    Fking hell yes
    Last edited by spider91301; 10-30-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Relaying a couple comments from my husband who is apparently not going to make his own forum account:

He'd prefer to group items by type, rather than usage. For example, he'd like to have all the mushrooms grouped together, rather than have them be sorted based on their trade skill use.

He'd also like organizer tabs in storage, similar to the way the current inventory folders work. His example there was that he had several gear sets stored on the same NPC and he wanted to have a separate tab for each gear set, so that the items for different combat skills aren't all mixed together. That's less of an issue for him now since he started storing gear for only 1-2 combat skill combos per NPCS, so there is less chance of them getting mixed up. (I'm saying "gear sets" here rather than "loadouts" since, at least for me, I have more gear sets than loadout slots.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I do not think you are going to make everyone happy with sort. I just use it to group things together. The icons and numbers on them can make it hard to find items. For me, I would actually prefer a 'filter' textbox at top of storage rather than sort. You simply start typing text, and and anything that does not match gets 'greyed out /dimmed. Could be simply by name but might include description etc. It would make it far easier for me to find things... which I guess is the idea behind sort?

Thread Footer