So I just picked up Animal Handling skill last night to try it out. I had to save up to 2000 coins to pay for it (yes, I was broke), so imagine my despair when my $2000 rat, Rizzo, died to save me from Mr. Named Tiger (can't remember the actual name...newbie killer fang bite, or something like that). It took me a while but I finally discovered how to get him back. I had to admit though, calling Rizzo's corpse to me made me laugh.

During the short time that Rizzo was alive, I noticed that he would help kill stuff I was fighting, but I was not getting AH xp for it. I thought it was maybe because I had 2 pets. I had also charmed a rat so I had 2 following me. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be possible to do this, so I tried it and it worked. So I dismissed both rats, called Rizzo back and then I saw that I was getting XP for AH. However, after a while I found that I was not getting XP again. After dismissing and recalling the rat, I would then see AH XP, but it would stop again after moving a short distance away.

So my questions are these. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Is it a bug that I should report? Am I maybe doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.
-Esran