Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Animal Handling aggro bug

(Also sent in-game)

I have been using Sword/AH for several month in some dungeons, with a full-yellow build that includes all aggro generating mods and is low on Sword DPS, and I have observed a bug with aggro from the AH pet. It is either a display bug or a real aggro bug.

When fighting mobs I almost always end up tanking, and when I autopsy, I almost always have much less aggro than the pet. For example, this is the typical autopsy of a Winter Troll in Winter Nexus:

Pet damage is 2429 health, 488 armor, aggro is 85%
    My damage is 3471 health, 266 armor, aggro is 15%

I have tested with different elite mobs, in different zones, with different pets: Fire Rat, Healthy Cave Rat, Giant Razorslash Panther, Hissy, Tundra Bear (all max level, all max bond level except the panther at 68). The rule of thumb is simple:
    . The pet always has 80% or more aggro at the end of the fight;
    . If it has less than 90%, I've been tanking;
    . If it has more than 90%, the pet has been tanking.

Note that the pet can temporarily tank in the middle of the fight, probably when its aggro goes over 90%, but very often it will return to 85% and the mob will turn on me till the end.

Using "Get It Off Me 7" works, but it does +400% aggro baseline, so that's hardly surprising. Also, if I use it, pet aggro ends up greater than 90%, then see above.

Basically, either pets are coded to taunt for 1/4 of their damage, and there is a display bug tied to that in the autopsy, or they really taunt for the displayed amount, but all this taunting gets lost and doesn't result in more aggro.

My build (best to copy my character if you want to reproduce):
    Head - +18% pet damage, "Sic Em" taunt +1050 and does +22 to slashing dmg, -168 rage /pet attack for 10s.
    Chest - +5 armor absorbency, AH healing +84, "Nimble Limbs" heals for 87, "Shrill Command" dmg +42%.
    Legs - "Sic Em" heals 35, pet taunt +14%, +20 armor/s, +24% to healing
    Hands - "Shrill Command" +25% dmg -425 rage, "Get It Off Me" +240% to pet taunt, "Sic Em" heals 35, pet attacks +30 dmg
    Feet - Pet +133 max armor, "Nimble Limbs" add +14 mitigation to pet for 15s, pet attacks +18% damage, "Feed Pet" +70 armor to the pet
    Ring - Pet bypass 27 mitigation, after "Wild Endurance" "Feed Pet" restores +99 health and armor, pet attacks +27 dmg, "Feed Pet" +75 health to the pet after 20s
    Neck - Pet bypass 27 mitigation and taunt +130%, "Sic Em" -168 rage /pet attack for 10s, "Wild Strike" +34% dmg, "Feed Pet" +60 armor to the pet
    Main Hand - Pet healing +24%, "Get It Off Me" +240% to pet taunt, "Sic Em" taunt +975
    Off Hand - pet +104 max health, +133 armor, +20 armor/s, AH healing +84

Another issue that may be related, or not, and be intended, or not: when fighting multiple mobs the pet will not generate any aggro, including any proximity aggro or "help me" aggro. To verify this, get close to a pack of mobs with the pet in Stay mode (for example). Close but not too close, so they don't aggro on you. Then, use "Sic Em" to send the pet on them. All mobs run to help the attacked one. Wait like 8s for your pet to build aggro on the mob it's fighting, then move closer. Almost instantly all mobs but the one the pet is fighting will run to you: all the proximity aggro, or "help me" aggro, it it ever existed, is gone. Everything is like you moved in first, except for the mob the pet is currently fighting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to post and confirm that below 90% aggro while soloing, the pet does not seem to tank.

Thread Footer