Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't like multiboxing because it discourages grouping and interaction.

Also, i feel like letting people run multiple accounts basically multiplies their income by the number of accounts since much income comes from chests/boss loots that are gated by respawn timers. Allowing people to get around that gating is bound to cause inflation in prices that make things more difficult to anyone playing on a single account.

Edit: just to expound upon what i meant about grouping and interaction, i don't mean to force my preferred way of playing on anyone else. If you want to play the game with minimal interaction i have no problem with that.

But, i'm the kind of person that tends to shy away from interactivity myself. (Less so now than when i was younger, but still to some extent). If multiboxing is allowed, chances are i'll end up just multiboxing because it's easier than forming a group with other people. And i know that i won't ultimately enjoy myself as much if i give in to that easy way.

Secondly, the more people that multibox, the fewer our options when we search out comrades-in-arms (or -in-hoes or -in-umm whatever surveyors use those little minitelescope things). Like i said, if you don't want to interact with the community or don't want to group that's fine, but if the whole game becomes that way, i think it loses a lot of potential; and that is a danger in a small indie-type setting.
    Last edited by alleryn; 02-06-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    I don't like multiboxing because it discourages grouping and interaction.

Also, i feel like letting people run multiple accounts basically multiplies their income by the number of accounts since much income comes from chests/boss loots that are gated by respawn timers. Allowing people to get around that gating is bound to cause inflation in prices that make things more difficult to anyone playing on a single account.

Edit: just to expound upon what i meant about grouping and interaction, i don't mean to force my preferred way of playing on anyone else. If you want to play the game with minimal interaction i have no problem with that.

But, i'm the kind of person that tends to shy away from interactivity myself. (Less so now than when i was younger, but still to some extent). If multiboxing is allowed, chances are i'll end up just multiboxing because it's easier than forming a group with other people. And i know that i won't ultimately enjoy myself as much if i give in to that easy way.

Secondly, the more people that multibox, the fewer our options when we search out comrades-in-arms (or -in-hoes or -in-umm whatever surveyors use those little minitelescope things). Like i said, if you don't want to interact with the community or don't want to group that's fine, but if the whole game becomes that way, i think it loses a lot of potential; and that is a danger in a small indie-type setting.
    two things id like to address,

first off having more accounts for multiboxing would also increase a players costs for playing/training/crafting etc which will offset what they get from having more boss drops, also you technically get less loot per character on normal mobs. normally when leveling you would kill x number of monsters to hit max level with multiboxing the amount of monsters killed is increased slightly because of group sharing xp but the number of mobs you loot is fewer per character than you would if you leveled with only 1 client so initially a multiboxer would be at a monetary disadvantage for quite awhile until they have already dropped 400-500k on training per character. after which point sure in theory once they have estabilished their clients they would gain slightly more money/drops than a solo player but they would still be supporting 2 clients at the same time each requiring consumables/gear upgrades/phlog etc.

next I wanted to address groups, just because other people multibox does not mean it would make it harder to find a group. if anything in a lot of settings this would make it easier for a solo player to find a group as they would be able to tag along with a single player running 3-4 clients to achieve higher level content rather than requiring 3-4 players to help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally here is my opinion on the matter, multiboxing should be allowed under a few conditions

-no botting programs that interact directly with the client allowing for autonomous control
    -players must send all actions to all clients themselves
    -no conduct which directly effects other players gaming experience in a negative way(camping an entire dungeon or boss etc)

if a person can multibox under these conditions have at it, as it will in no way have any impact on my playing experience. or the experience of others aside from a couple bruised egos being the worst possible outcome.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmdtt2 View Post
    two things id like to address,

first off having more accounts for multiboxing would also increase a players costs for playing/training/crafting etc which will offset what they get from having more boss drops, also you technically get less loot per character on normal mobs. normally when leveling you would kill x number of monsters to hit max level with multiboxing the amount of monsters killed is increased slightly because of group sharing xp but the number of mobs you loot is fewer per character than you would if you leveled with only 1 client so initially a multiboxer would be at a monetary disadvantage for quite awhile until they have already dropped 400-500k on training per character. after which point sure in theory once they have estabilished their clients they would gain slightly more money/drops than a solo player but they would still be supporting 2 clients at the same time each requiring consumables/gear upgrades/phlog etc.

next I wanted to address groups, just because other people multibox does not mean it would make it harder to find a group. if anything in a lot of settings this would make it easier for a solo player to find a group as they would be able to tag along with a single player running 3-4 clients to achieve higher level content rather than requiring 3-4 players to help you.
    The increased cost of training is a one time cost. The income is multiplied. As anyone who has played any RTS or turn based strategy game knows, you build your income first. The multiboxer plateaus at an income greater by some multiplicative factor than a single toon account holder.

If the training cost is such a deterrent, feel free to not spend money on training or gear on your main toon. I'm sure the savings will offset your lower income.

And as far as "getting to tag along", sorry but that doesn't appeal to me. I want to be on equal footing with the other members of my group, not the fifth wheel to my one teammate's four wheel drive.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sudostahp View Post
    Regardless of the eventual policy decision, I intend on multiboxing. My computer is more than powerful enough to run two instances of VMware, and I have the financial means to purchase another machine if needed. Folks like @dmdtt and myself are tech-savvy, and while we can be chased underground, multiboxing in itself can be hard to detect.

Can't tell if srs or trolling.

Anyway since this is not being locked here's at Fin and the 2 other supporters of this idea.

You have always exploited, bypassed the system on alts
    -vendored on alts when you drained the vendors
    -repeated WO on multiple alts although only one char can craft
    -took advantage of any incorrectly set vendor item value
    -looted elites on alts
    -multiboxed to do gardening, get music or dance buffs

You want me to go on? All these are exploits already and you're "disappointed" that you're not allowed more. Rlly? Yes Fin, I read your cringey "mt" on Global about me being ...what was it "A shit player who takes as long as possible to max anything". Maybe I wanna enjoy playing? Maybe I want to explore the content fair and square w/o finding loopholes to OP my pixels persona?

Get stuffed seriously and stop pulling the "I paid multiple accounts, you should allow me to multibox cause I paid" card. It's an indie game, a small server and one developer who can set whatever rules he likes. Buying multiple accounts doesn't mean you're entitled to anything.

(Also blatantly posting that you intend to break the rules anyway cause you're not gonna get caught is beyond rude and I'd ban you for just that.)

Seriously, cut it out, it's embarassing.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #46
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We've made it clear that multi-boxing is not allowed, expect for item-muling, and those who continue to do so risk having their account banned.

Since the policy has been clarified, I'll be closing this thread.

Thread Footer