I've been maxed at archery for a long time, maybe close to a year. Mentalism isn't maxed but it's close and I would need to level it's synergy skills a lot to get it up a few points.

I have run through Gazluk Keep a few times and have armor from that dungeon. I still feel like I get totally murdered in there compared to my other guild-mates. They have higher health and power than me and seem to take damage better. My armor is straight off the NPCs with no augments or transmutation. My cooking and gourmand are probably both in the high 30s to low 40s, nature appreciation is low, healing is high.

This game has so many trade skills and such that I don't really know where to start and I'm looking for suggestions. I get skill adhd and have a hard time focusing on boosting my cooking or something like that. Is it possible to find good armor or do I need to invest in customizing it or having it crafted for me?

Any suggestions would be great to make my character more powerful despite having combat skills basically maxed.

Thanks!