Welcome to Project: Gorgon!


Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member p1881's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    92 (0 Banked)
    Achievements First Post!

    Leveling support lines is a chore

    I've just unlocked Mentalism and wanted it to pair with Pig, but it just takes ages to kill even 1 enemy on my level.

    Is it intended as part of "chose what skills you want" that you can't pair 2 support skill lines with each other without suffering from sub-par damage?

  2. #2
    Senior Member alleryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    87 (988 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by p1881 View Post
    Is it intended as part of "chose what skills you want" that you can't pair 2 support skill lines with each other without suffering from sub-par damage?
    I'm not sure if it's intended, but it certainly seems reasonable to me that picking two support skills would require sacrificing some damage.

    If it were me i'd either:
    1. Level up in a party or
    2. Equip a more damage-oriented skill along with the support skill while you level it.

  3. #3
    Member Taledar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    44 (280 Banked)
    The problem with having a truly open, skill based system is that it allows for sub-optimal pairing, I'll leave it to others to verify/validate if that is the case in this instance.

    As @alleryn mentioned you might find a better experience grouping or find a combat skill for solo play and maybe alternate the other two support skills.

    That said, my play style is a bit odd because of my hours and is still sporadic at best. I've played solo the majority on my time just because I don't want to have to randomly bail on a group. I've leveled some odd combinations, usually playing below my level and sometimes dying a lot.

  4. #4
    Senior Member alleryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    87 (988 Banked)
    Another thing i forgot to mention is that when you say "your level" you should consider that this is really tied to the level of your skills. If you dropped a level 50 skill for a level 10 skill, you'll almost definitely want to fight some easier mobs.

    Still, taking advantage of a second skill 25 levels (this is the cap for ability-level difference) higher makes it much faster to level up skills than when you are just starting out. Hope it helps!
    Last edited by alleryn; 08-21-2018 at 08:00 AM. Reason: then --> than

  5. #5
    Banned spider91301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    177 (2,230 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by p1881 View Post
    I've just unlocked Mentalism and wanted it to pair with Pig, but it just takes ages to kill even 1 enemy on my level.

    Is it intended as part of "chose what skills you want" that you can't pair 2 support skill lines with each other without suffering from sub-par damage?
    All about the grind skills dont really get good till 50-70 depending on the skill also as someone as mentioned if you are doing support and not pure dps of course you going to not do as much damage as you would like

  6. #6
    Senior Member Daguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    227
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    39 (821 Banked)
    Project Choregon has no sympathy for early levels, especially support skills. Best option I have found is to use a higher level combat skill (with decent dmg + mods on main gear) and lower level spells to enable use with a new skill. You have an advantage using your normally equipped mods, especially if they have DOT/AOE effects, to grind your secondary skill.

    edit: All of this is moot if you are a new player. In that case, enjoy the long road ahead, and happy hunting!

  7. #7
    Junior Member p1881's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    92 (0 Banked)
    Achievements First Post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daguin View Post
    Project Choregon has no sympathy for early levels, especially support skills. Best option I have found is to use a higher level combat skill (with decent dmg + mods on main gear) and lower level spells to enable use with a new skill. You have an advantage using your normally equipped mods, especially if they have DOT/AOE effects, to grind your secondary skill.

    edit: All of this is moot if you are a new player. In that case, enjoy the long road ahead, and happy hunting!
    Still weird that having 2 damage skill lines will grant you some sort of synergy to kill stuff even faster, while having 1 support line you almost automatically sacrifice that synergy, as now you need a strong damage line that can solo carry your support line.

    Additionally leveling a Beast form limits that even further due to limited compatibility with other skill lines.

    And if your advice is to use a high level damage line to carry my support line, that just speaks volumes about the pitfalls of even having a support line active, especially if your damage line is around the same level as your support one.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Daguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    227
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    39 (821 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by p1881 View Post
    Still weird that having 2 damage skill lines will grant you some sort of synergy to kill stuff even faster, while having 1 support line you almost automatically sacrifice that synergy, as now you need a strong damage line that can solo carry your support line.

    Additionally leveling a Beast form limits that even further due to limited compatibility with other skill lines.

    And if your advice is to use a high level damage line to carry my support line, that just speaks volumes about the pitfalls of even having a support line active, especially if your damage line is around the same level as your support one.
    It's not a pitfall if you are using the support skill to support yourself or others. You trade off damage for the ability to stay alive and fight longer. You don't need a high damage skill to carry, but you will level faster if you are killing more things more quickly. It sounds like you would benefit from group play for leveling purposes.
    Last edited by Daguin; 08-21-2018 at 12:28 PM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member p1881's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    92 (0 Banked)
    Achievements First Post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daguin View Post
    It's not a pitfall if you are using the support skill to support yourself or others. You trade off damage for the ability to stay alive and fight longer. You don't need a high damage skill to carry, but you will level faster if you are killing more things more quickly. It sounds like you would benefit from group play for leveling purposes.
    It is a pitfall if you're soloing.

    What is the more likely case: quickly killing 2+ enemies having 2 damage skill lines, or using all your power and CDs on healing yourself and suffering to kill those 2+ enemies with only 1 damage skill?

    Group play sounds good on paper but so far didn't work for me: either only a small handful of people are online when I play, or most of them are doing high-level stuff and so far I found no one to do low-level dungeons.

    It doesn't help that there is a LFG channel, but it's almost always a barren wasteland.
    Last edited by p1881; 08-22-2018 at 09:26 AM.

  10. #10
    Banned spider91301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    177 (2,230 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by p1881 View Post
    It is a pitfall if you're soloing.

    What is the more likely case: quickly killing 2+ enemies having 2 damage skill lines, or using all your power and CDs on healing yourself and suffering to kill those 2+ enemies with only 1 damage skill?

    Group play sounds good on paper but so far didn't work for me: either only a small handful of people are online when I play, or most of them are doing high-level stuff and so far I found no one to do low-level dungeons.

    It doesn't help that there is a LFG channel, but it's almost always a barren wasteland.

    Im a high level player I didnt even know that channel existed feel like doing a facepalm lol not even joking



Thread Footer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •