Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Gorgon Explorer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gorgon Explorer

Hey guys, I'm working on Gorgon Explorer and I wanted to make a forum thread for this to kind of gather the information in one place.

I'm excited to say I've just deployed the latest version of Gorgon Explorer which includes a new update to the build planner: abilities! Please note: While I always try to test thoroughly and implement useful stuff, this update is a work-in-progress! Some things may work weirdly and information may be missing. If you find instances of this it would be extremely helpful to let me know here, via the contact form on the GE website, or on discord.

I want to do much more cool stuff with the build planner, and I don't consider the work on it to be anywhere near finished. However, I am releasing it in its current state mostly to gather feedback as I continue to improve it. I would like to eventually give the build planner far more capability for visualizing your build as a whole, but I need to know what will be most useful to people before I start implementing things.

Following is a more detailed list of changes:

Minor Improvements/Bugfixes

• Fixed issue where Mods tab would intermittently fail to load
    • Changing a skill in the build planner now only removes those mods associated with that skill, instead of all of them.
    • Various minor "behind the scenes" updates

Major Update: Abilities

• The build planner now has two "hotbars" with support for slotting abilities for each skill.
    • Clicking the "+" next to the respective bar will open a dialog with a list of those abilities. Hovering over them here will give you information about them.
    • Drag abilities from the abilities window to the hotbar to slot them. If you want to replace one, simply drag a new one over it.
    • Old build ids will still load properly, and you should be able to load them, add abilities to them and then re-save them if you want to update builds you've made recently.
    • Hovering over the ability in the hotbar will display a list of mods currently affecting that ability
      NOTE: Abilities/Mods can get a bit complicated and this feature can effectively be considered in beta! It still needs to be fleshed out more and I'm sure there are issues with it I haven't found. If you find a bug, please report it to me via the website, here on the forums, or on discord.

Known Issues/Caveats

• Right now there is no support for a sidebar. Sidebar abilities will still appear and can be dragged to the hotbars, but there is no dedicated "sidebar" on the UI just yet.
    • If you select the same skill twice and try to have, for example, two "Archery" hotbars, weird things will happen and only one of them will work. I will probably fix this eventually, but since this isn't possible to build for in game it's not my top priority.
    • You can drag the same ability to a hotbar multiple times. Again, I will fix this eventually, but for now just don't do this (why would you want to anyway?)
    Last edited by Tannin; 08-16-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I don't knwo if you prefer fedback to be posted here, or trough 'contact me' option on GE, so I'll throw it here:

1)There is some weired bug with mods refresh. If I remove mod I selected, and hover over ability, it still display this mod. If I select another, it will sometime not show up (like (barrage cost -x power and restores x armor).

2) This is more of suggestion, but it would be nice if skills icon diplayed its stats (damage/cd/power cost) Also, right now, skill-wide mods like +x% base damge are diplayed in suport skills (like skulk). It would be nice if such mods did not display in abilites they do not affect.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anywhere you give feedback is helpful, thanks! I wasn't aware of the bug but I know exactly what's causing it from your description and will fix it later today. Your second suggestions are things I'm aware of/plan on implementing and fixing soon!

EDIT: Thanks to those of you who have tried out the new update and given feedback so far. Even if you don't give feedback it's really helpful if you just use the build planner because it gives me real data to work with. I was able to make several bugfixes today.
    Last edited by Tannin; 08-16-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another bug - mods that affect Barrage are not listed under Claw barrage, even thought in game they affect both skills. The same for Puncing Rake/Rend too - so I assume its true for every instance when single skill have different variants.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    Hey guys, I'm working on Gorgon Explorer and I wanted to make a forum thread for this to kind of gather the information in one place.

I'm excited to say I've just deployed the latest version of Gorgon Explorer which includes a new update to the build planner: abilities! Please note: While I always try to test thoroughly and implement useful stuff, this update is a work-in-progress! Some things may work weirdly and information may be missing. If you find instances of this it would be extremely helpful to let me know here, via the contact form on the GE website, or on discord.

I want to do much more cool stuff with the build planner, and I don't consider the work on it to be anywhere near finished. However, I am releasing it in its current state mostly to gather feedback as I continue to improve it. I would like to eventually give the build planner far more capability for visualizing your build as a whole, but I need to know what will be most useful to people before I start implementing things.

Following is a more detailed list of changes:

Minor Improvements/Bugfixes

• Fixed issue where Mods tab would intermittently fail to load
    • Changing a skill in the build planner now only removes those mods associated with that skill, instead of all of them.
    • Various minor "behind the scenes" updates

Major Update: Abilities

• The build planner now has two "hotbars" with support for slotting abilities for each skill.
    • Clicking the "+" next to the respective bar will open a dialog with a list of those abilities. Hovering over them here will give you information about them.
    • Drag abilities from the abilities window to the hotbar to slot them. If you want to replace one, simply drag a new one over it.
    • Old build ids will still load properly, and you should be able to load them, add abilities to them and then re-save them if you want to update builds you've made recently.
    • Hovering over the ability in the hotbar will display a list of mods currently affecting that ability
      NOTE: Abilities/Mods can get a bit complicated and this feature can effectively be considered in beta! It still needs to be fleshed out more and I'm sure there are issues with it I haven't found. If you find a bug, please report it to me via the website, here on the forums, or on discord.

Known Issues/Caveats

• Right now there is no support for a sidebar. Sidebar abilities will still appear and can be dragged to the hotbars, but there is no dedicated "sidebar" on the UI just yet.
    • If you select the same skill twice and try to have, for example, two "Archery" hotbars, weird things will happen and only one of them will work. I will probably fix this eventually, but since this isn't possible to build for in game it's not my top priority.
    • You can drag the same ability to a hotbar multiple times. Again, I will fix this eventually, but for now just don't do this (why would you want to anyway?)
    Not that I use it alot but thanks for taking the time and effort to update it probably isn't easy managing that stuff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Life got busy because I got a new job but I'm still around. I noticed a lot of people are using GE again thanks to the new patch. I'll be testing myself but please let me know if the patch broke anything so I can fix it.

Also, I want to continue work on the build planner as always. One of the features I'd really like to add is the ability to export the build to another format such as an excel file. Can I get some feedback on what formats people want to see for this? For those of you who actually take info from Gorgon Explorer and put it into an excel (or other) file yourself it would be really helpful to know what information is important to you and how you prefer it to be laid out.
    Last edited by Tannin; 09-29-2018 at 02:01 AM.

Thread Footer