Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to get amazing and great skins

The only place you can get amazing and great skins in bulk in the game to craft gear is Amaluk Valley Cave but as more and more players level up it becomes over farmed by to many people and hunting outside is hell you waste more resources then you can gain from hunting outside then you do Amaluk Valley Cave and now its come to the point where your lucky if your not competing for resources which in turn will piss people off not that I care but I dont want to be a di** and steal kills from others that are looking for the same resources as me but I only have so much time in a day without having to sleep and I dont want to waste money on fires potions and 6-10 pieces of 2 different types of cheese which is 12-20 pieces of cheese to gain the same amount I outside the cave that I would get inside the cave eventually this resource completion long term might be the only thing I see killing the game may be exaggerating but one day this literally will bite us

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little confused. You talk about future tense as 'more and more players level up it becomes over farmed', then you switch to present tense talking about how it is tempting to kill steal, and not buy the materials from players, because you are entitled to animal skins after using fire potions and cheese. I hope I'm not being too critical but your 'dont want to do' is reminiscent of a narcissist's relationship mantra , "but you made me do this!"

The cave is very good for skins/council. I used to think triple the size and make it rain skins. If anything the solution is widening the cave's NPC diversity. A mix of non wolves to make outside more competitive. And maybe make skinning work better on elite mobs. The candyland like drops from that cave probably should be locked behind killing a boss like Baruti. I say that because the low risk and high reward is a little off. A lot of players have one unique build to specifically farm that one location. If that's not a sign things are off, I don't know what is.

This will eventually be mid-game (~65/125) and so I don't expect any real changes. When the cap is raised to 90 you won't think about the cave at all. I just hope Eric can take away the right lessons learned from having the Amaluk Valley Cave exist in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spider91301 View Post
    The only place you can get amazing and great skins in bulk in the game to craft gear is Amaluk Valley Cave but as more and more players level up it becomes over farmed by to many people and hunting outside is hell you waste more resources then you can gain from hunting outside then you do Amaluk Valley Cave and now its come to the point where your lucky if your not competing for resources which in turn will piss people off not that I care but I dont want to be a di** and steal kills from others that are looking for the same resources as me but I only have so much time in a day without having to sleep and I dont want to waste money on fires potions and 6-10 pieces of 2 different types of cheese which is 12-20 pieces of cheese to gain the same amount I outside the cave that I would get inside the cave eventually this resource completion long term might be the only thing I see killing the game may be exaggerating but one day this literally will bite us
    Wow. This is the exact definition of a run-on sentence. But I do agree the cave needs to be bigger.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree we need AT LEAST one more area or dungeon (outside is fine, but the spawn density sucks) to find these top-tier skins. They ran all the skin farmers out of panthers with the orc addition, but it seems the majority of players just herded en masse to Amulak Valley Cave. I don't craft for myself, but I've almost given up with the max leather work orders because competing for the mats in a single area is just stupid.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cave is just the easiest place, so it's popular, and all your effort goes into getting skins. Outside is just fine though. Less hides, because of the mob mix, but you can get a ton of other stuff while farming hides.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno.. I usually get 100/150 outside on top of 300 Spruce Wood and some 400 Nice Phlog from 2,5hr of killing? Is it the same as Amaluk, no.
    It's worth a lot more tho.

Thread Footer