Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there going to be a no-steam release? If so, ETA on the no-steam version?

I want to play the game again, but with the game still being attached to steam, it has deterred me from making a purchase. I want to come back and get on my necromancer since that was some of the best damn fun I have had. I'm curious as to how the game has changed since I played around early 2017 during the alpha, rolling with a small group with my online friends, farthest we got was probably the desert in terms of hunting all the content, but even then we managed to hunt most areas down with the speed-exploits thanks to all of the speed-boosting skills and enchantments. I just don't want to deal with steam as a service; I have no intention of supporting them or making an account with them online, and I heard that a no-steam version was something planned down the road. Is that possibly in the works, or is this game unfortunately locked to steam for good?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently Steam is the only method of playing Project: Gorgon. There are no other alternatives planned at this time.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    There are no other alternatives planned at this time.
    I would love to have PG as a stand-alone game (like it was before the Steam release) and also a Version for Linux. I thoroughly dislike Steam and I won't ever have windows 10 installed on any of my systems.

A Poll of sorts would be nice, I'm sure, I'm not the only player who prefers standalone games and Linux. (Win7 support will stop in ~18 months).

P.S. The only reason I am playing PG through the Steam is the vague promise from Citan, that PG WILL have other means to run the game (except Steam) after the release. I also started and donated to PG back in the day just because it was a stand-alone game, without any crap like Steam or GOG. (love gogs standalone installers though).
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 09-15-2018 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steam sucks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobyddonot View Post
    I would love to have PG as a stand-alone game (like it was before the Steam release) and also a Version for Linux.
    Sorry if I'm misreading what you wrote, but there is a version for Linux already. It requires Steam but it's there and came out at the same time as the Windows/Mac Steam version (which made me very very happy). I'd imagine that if there is ever a non-Steam version, it would be available for Linux, too. I think the problems with a non-Steam release involve more distribution and authentication rather than compiling the code for another OS...

And yes, FWIW, I'd prefer a non-Steam version too. As much as Steam annoys me though, I don't think creating a non-Steam version should be a priority for PG right now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would also like to see it move away from Steam for official launch, but I understand why it is paired at the moment for more exposure. Not a big fan of the Steam interface or community.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoa View Post
    I want to play the game again, but with the game still being attached to steam, it has deterred me from making a purchase. I want to come back and get on my necromancer since that was some of the best damn fun I have had. I'm curious as to how the game has changed since I played around early 2017 during the alpha, rolling with a small group with my online friends, farthest we got was probably the desert in terms of hunting all the content, but even then we managed to hunt most areas down with the speed-exploits thanks to all of the speed-boosting skills and enchantments. I just don't want to deal with steam as a service; I have no intention of supporting them or making an account with them online, and I heard that a no-steam version was something planned down the road. Is that possibly in the works, or is this game unfortunately locked to steam for good?
    For one thing necro sucks the some major **** right now in higher levels dungeons inless you plan to live in the goblin dungeon dont expect to be a baller when killing crap in places like gazkeep or anything past kur for that matter lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    Sorry if I'm misreading what you wrote, but there is a version for Linux already.
    You're not, I didn't know that there IS a stable Steambound Linux Version of PG. Great news, thanks.

P.S. It's not about creating a non-Steam version "NAO!!!", we're talking after the official release of the PG. So in 2-3 years at the very least.

The whole "Steam EA release" as I see it is just a step towards slowly bringing the game into the mass market without spending millions on the TV ads . Plus it's additional funding (not completely f2p anymore) and that is ofc a critical aspect in software development.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 09-18-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Thread Footer