Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question: problem with leathercraft & other skills.

hello,

this is not a complain. it is a question as I don't understand.

this is an example:

Rough Leather Shirt . Value: 56.
    cost to make
    Rough Leather Roll x3 = 60
    Shoddy Leather Roll x2 = 20
    Leather Strips x1 = 3

total (without the markup) = 83 basic cost

so to make the Rough Leather Shirt will cost at least 83$ but its Value is 56$.
    it means that with each item created you loose money.

why then to make a Rough Leather Shirt ? in order to sell it with markup? to whom? vendors? they don't buy with markup. to players? why to buy a Rough Leather Shirt. it is garbage.

is it only to grind?

this is the same with many items, almost all the leather. and the magic items it is worse...

can the developers explain this please.

thank you.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Someone has to start a craft somewhere, and since you make beginner's items, yeah they don't have much value.

As to what to do with it, you could, well, wear it...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    Someone has to start a craft somewhere, and since you make beginner's items, yeah they don't have much value.

As to what to do with it, you could, well, wear it...

according to you, the only reason for this skill (and more) is to use it to make the top .tier items. all the other is garbage only to throw them away - this is mindless grind. I hope that the developers have something different in there mind than this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorKazim View Post
    according to you, the only reason for this skill (and more) is to use it to make the top .tier items. all the other is garbage only to throw them away - this is mindless grind.
    Din ding ding we have a winner!

It allows you to always have a set of enchanted armor for your level, rather than trying to drop them, as long as you farm enough mats, from level 30 onwards. You can farm a few days and end with all legendaries on five slots once you level it enough. Plus you have loot to easily level transmutation, or materials for creating augments.

That said yes, the higher the level cap, the less useful the lower tiers become. And iirc most crafting work like that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorKazim View Post
    Rough Leather Shirt . Value: 56.
    cost to make
    Rough Leather Roll x3 = 60
    Shoddy Leather Roll x2 = 20
    Leather Strips x1 = 3

total (without the markup) = 83 basic cost

so to make the Rough Leather Shirt will cost at least 83$ but its Value is 56$.
    Hm, interesting. My impression is that usually crafted items are worth a little bit more than their components (e.g. rough animal skin + tannin powder -> rough leather roll). My initial thought was that maybe it's based on the raw components, but that's even worse depending on whether you calculate the tannin powder at "value" or "vendor price":
    rough animal skin x 3 = 30
    shoddy animal skin x 3 = 15
    tannin powder x6 = 30 ( actual cost to buy from vendor is 42)
    Total: 75 / 87

I would definitely be curious if that's intended or just an oversight.

( And if you are just trying to level leatherworking, I'd go camp the Amulna work order board for a bit. I don't recall the exact work order prices but with the industry bonuses, they should definitely be slightly profitable even at lower levels. Once you get to the higher levels, lw work orders are quite profitable.)

As far as use is concerned - my primary lw use for non-max level items is work orders. I will also make level 60 stuff for alt builds pretty frequently, and I've just made a level 50 helm for an alt a couple days ago. Much lower than that, I'd probably not bother making things for my own use - leveling is fast and gems are expensive. So yeah, I couldn't see myself making an enchanted rough leather shirt at this point in time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should point out that it wouldn't be a very good design either if you could just buy all the supplies from the NPC and whip em all up for an instant profit. If that were the case everyone could do it for an easy source of income. Now, if you go out and do the skinning yourself to collect the hides and just have to invest in the powder to make the rolls...THEN you make a profit.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    I should point out that it wouldn't be a very good design either if you could just buy all the supplies from the NPC and whip em all up for an instant profit. If that were the case everyone could do it for an easy source of income. Now, if you go out and do the skinning yourself to collect the hides and just have to invest in the powder to make the rolls...THEN you make a profit.
    I don't have access to the game right now but I believe the "value" listed in the Wiki is the price that you would sell an item to a vendor for (as opposed to what you'd spend to buy the item). So, if you skinned everything yourself and then had a choice of either selling the raw materials directly to an NPC vendor or turning them into a leather shirt, you'd make more money just vendoring the skins. Or, more accurately, you'd make the most money buying some tannin powder from a vendor, turning the skins into rolls and then vendoring the rolls (3 councils profit vs just selling the skins, whee! ) . If you continue processing the materials to actually make a shirt, you lose money compared to either the skins or the rolls option.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I don't have access to the game right now but I believe the "value" listed in the Wiki is the price that you would sell an item to a vendor for (as opposed to what you'd spend to buy the item). So, if you skinned everything yourself and then had a choice of either selling the raw materials directly to an NPC vendor or turning them into a leather shirt, you'd make more money just vendoring the skins. Or, more accurately, you'd make the most money buying some tannin powder from a vendor, turning the skins into rolls and then vendoring the rolls (3 councils profit vs just selling the skins, whee! ) . If you continue processing the materials to actually make a shirt, you lose money compared to either the skins or the rolls option.
    That is correct...selling the rolls would yield the best profit. I was speaking in terms of him making the shirt to grind his leatherworking and then selling to recover investment.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so. as it is now, for this example (Leather working), a level 70 character will use this skill only to level it to 70 (grind). The in-between skills will only be used once or twice until the next level skill and never again as they are obsolete for the cause (to use the top and only those skills). All the items created are to be sold to the vendors below cost.
    Who will buy this items. Only vendors…

Ok. Now how is this good for the economy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Supposedly you sell these to the players, especially since levels are going to get harder and harder to acquire. As the other guy said, you make them for work orders too. THESE tend to pay decently, as long as you consider the NPC market price for the materials, not the player one.

Thread Footer