Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling Wind Instruments

Hello,

Apologies if I'm asking this in the wrong place. I tried asking in game, but didn't really get any answers (it was very busy this weekend). How do you level wind instruments? When I got bard, I was given a basic blow horn. I also had acquired a regular blow horn through a drop. Both say enables musical performance, but I can't select wind instruments as a skill on the activity bar (or by equipping the horn). From looking at the wiki, I was wondering if I actually need an ocarina. Am I missing something obvious?

Best,
    Mark

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the horns you have "Blatterhorns?"

Each type of instrument has (basically) a beginner and advanced instrument, so:

Wind - Levels 1-10: Ocarina
    Wind - Levels 10-20: Tuba (Blatterhorn)

Percussion - Levels 1-10: Drums
    Percussion - Levels 10-20: Dulcimer

String - Levels 1-10: Lute
    String - Levels 10-20: Harp

Check this page for more info: http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Performance

(...and more links to more info)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now, I have a "Blowing horn" and a "Basic Bard Horn." If I compare the graphic that represents each in my inventory, they both look like the golden cones next to ocarina.

Even though I can use them for horn skills associated with bards, I can't use for 1 - 10 wind. That's weird since it says "Enables performance" but doesn't look like a blatterhorn. Am I missing something else obvious?
    Last edited by frozendirt; 07-30-2018 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Fixed misconception

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of those are ocarinas, so if they have no skill levels (or levels you have gained already) associated with them, you should be able to right click and equip them both with no prerequisite... and you say that when you right click on your skill bar there's not an option for Wind Instruments?

Sounds weird...

Do you have an entry in your Skills and Abilities window for Performance > Wind Instruments?

Can you perform with other instruments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by preechr View Post
    Both of those are ocarinas, so if they have no skill levels (or levels you have gained already) associated with them, you should be able to right click and equip them both with no prerequisite... and you say that when you right click on your skill bar there's not an option for Wind Instruments?

Sounds weird...

Do you have an entry in your Skills and Abilities window for Performance > Wind Instruments?

Can you perform with other instruments?
    I have 10 in string and can equip lute just fine. Also, I can select string as a skill on my hot bar. Sadly, the same can't be said for wind. Even with a horn equipped, it doesn't appear under Performance and it doesn't show up as a selectable skill. With only the horn equipped, it also does show up like it does when I equip lute. I was in Sebule Hills yesterday, and there seemed to be another player in chat that was experiencing the same thing when he unlocked bard. I wonder if it's a bug related to when we both unlocked since we both couldn't figure out how to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From memory:

There are two types of instruments: both allow you to play, but only one (the non-bard) version teaches you the skill. Once learned, you can play using the bard version.

Have you learned the skill from a non-bard instrument?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items that say "Enables Musical Performance" simply make it possible to use the associated skill. Just like you need a sword for sword skills or a staff for fire magic, etc. But those horns/ocarinas you mentioned won't "unlock" the Wind Instrument skill.

What you need is an item that has this in the description:

"Equipping this item grants you basic proficiency in wind instrument performance."
    Like this: Gemshorn

Once you have equipped a horn/ocarina with the correct attribute it will grant you basic proficiency in Wind Instrument skill. Once the Wind Instrument skill is “unlocked” at that point you could equip one of those other horns/ocarinas to level up Wind Instrument.
    Last edited by Taledar; 07-31-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Thread Footer