Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot log in/Login screen flickering

Hi everyone, just came over here from Steam.

Basically, I'm having issues at the login screen, first it flickers back and forth from "connecting" to "connected". Once I'm able to catch it and login I'm taken to the character creation screen for briefly 2 seconds then it goes back to loading and it just loops to doing the same thing.

I've tried turning off all firewalls on the computer, uninstalling the game, uninstalling steam, just using the desktop shortcut to access the game, enabling the game via firewall and disabling the game, removing it from the list and putting it back in.

I know it's something wrong with my connection though because I installed the game on my brothers computer in the same house with the same internet connection and everything worked fine.

Don't know really what else to do at this point so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure. Have you tried uninstalling everything and starting over? Even Steam?
    ~~ Brizzt ~~ a female Drow of no consequence....YET

Fire - 70
    Ice - 70
    Shield - 36
    Unarmed - 33
    Psychology - 52
    Noob - 100

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryshael View Post
    Not sure. Have you tried uninstalling everything and starting over? Even Steam?
    Yes, both the game and the actually steam client I have already tried both.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus (and firewall) and then report back. Please make sure to open Steam as Administrator (right click the shortcut and run as Administrator).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I figured it out and I'm so mad, lol. It was my K9 WEB blocker, not my actual antivirus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it working....Welcome to PG
    ~~ Brizzt ~~ a female Drow of no consequence....YET

Fire - 70
    Ice - 70
    Shield - 36
    Unarmed - 33
    Psychology - 52
    Noob - 100