Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An apology to the developers and testers

This little "letter" gets a bit personal so if you don't like that stuff or never interacted with me then feel free to ignore it and save yourself the time. I am only somewhat vocal in the forums as my post count would attest to. Also, I'm sorry for not being quite sure where to place this. I almost put it in suggestions forum area so if it needs to be moved there feel free.

To both the Developers and Testers,

I'm sorry for my negative or whiny posts in the past. To be honest I was in a bad place in my life, like life crisis bad. We all know that bad circumstances change peoples attitude. I have seen many a guild, friendship online, etc. broken by an otherwise wonderful person being haunted by horrible RL circumstances. But no excuses here, I have to own up to it. We are a small community and I hope by doing this I don't come across as narcissistic or attention seeking; maybe just trying to be humble and set an example. I really don't want people in game to be like "ugh, THAT guy wants to join our party" having had some interactions with me in the past. I believe my guildmates would have good things to say about me in general but outside of that I don't have a clue other than I know I was a real tool in the first 6 months I played.

I don't know if any of you follow individual players posts on the forums or anything but I have had a much better attitude since returning, I think, I hope. Maybe? (though I'm still incredibly long winded, sorry!).

I wanted to ask for the forgiveness of the development team in particular (for bearing the brunt of my whining) as well as people I was rude to in game (though it was not often I think): I wanted to tell you that you guys are doing the best job any MMO out there is and I feel like I could write an essay with "proofs" to prove my point. The fact that you pull this off with the budget you have and the size of team you do proves your elite level of game design experience (boy I'm really sucking up).... but I mean it, I've never been this impressed by a game and all that from a small team. I have to believe some of our revered veterans (guys who helped me when I was only a pup) have had something to do with the development process too. World of Warcraft at original launch was my first MMO, I put lots of time into and it was fantastic imo - but look at the team they had, it was not small to my understanding and that company is large and backed by corporate structure. For some reason this game reminds me of it but I hear UO, Everquest, and AC references from gamers that have been around in MMO's much longer than me so I think it's more just its overall throwback to quality sandbox MMO's of the past.

I really believe you are making the best possible sandbox MMO. I keep playing games here and there with other friends (for them) but this is the only one that sticks. It's so fun and open ended. Thank you for doing this for us as gamers - if I had more money I would donate or support a great deal and someday maybe I can. Trust me though, I will follow every project you guys do in the future like an e-stalker cause I'm downright impressed.

The new golems that let me search for items are amazing and I want one as a cosmetic pet that I have around because their existence makes me so happy. I still search all the vendors once every few days but the ability to hunt for items when pressed on time is just a life saver.

Anyway, I hope you actually took the time to read this and listen to my apology and story if it was relevant to you. I'm trying to contribute and though it may seem like I don't - I plan to write huge feedback reports on every combat skill (and some other stuff) before launch. Probably shortly after the release of the higher lvl cap (100?). I promised this before but had to delay it when I heard the game would change greatly as the cap raises so I'm holding out a bit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not know you but apology excepted and everyone deserves a second and even yes a 3rd chance . glad your enjoying yourself within the game . glad life is treating you better May gorgonion Bless you . have a simply wonderful day

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TLDR give me mooserooms please. Honestly though you never rubbed me wrong. I always considered you an asset to the community even if we disagreed on things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would have to agree with HardRock on that... funny or sad, nice or mad, you've always been an asset to the community.. also i, for one, have enjoyed your posts ..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really appreciate that and let me add that if you managed to actually read any of my posts, which are all very lengthy, then god bless your soul. You deserve an award for most patient forum poster to make it through one of those "wall of text critically hits you for 9999" posts. You know honestly, I really don't realize how long it is til I am proofreading or glancing at it as I hit post.

Edit: this post was meant to be a reply "with quotes" to takatoka. But it could stand for anyone.

Thread Footer