Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concerned about hardware : Free trial perhaps?

Hello people. I've been looking at this game for a while now and it looks very much like something I could see getting hooked to. I'm not at all opposed to the idea of spending the $40, however my current hardware is lacking and I'm right below the requirements listed for the game. Would there happen to be a free trial perhaps, just to test it out? Even just a little 5 minute intro to see if it's possible?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 5 minute intro wouldn't let you near the problem, which is Serbule.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
    Hello people. I've been looking at this game for a while now and it looks very much like something I could see getting hooked to. I'm not at all opposed to the idea of spending the $40, however my current hardware is lacking and I'm right below the requirements listed for the game. Would there happen to be a free trial perhaps, just to test it out? Even just a little 5 minute intro to see if it's possible?
    The whole reason I got so invested in this game is because it was free at first. I got hooked and I have bought my own account and one for a friend and will buy more for any friend of mine (2 more on the way for launch) who wants to play the game with me but can't afford it. Sometimes allowing a small taste of a game can get people hooked. Sure, we had Alpha but some people missed that. Some people are only now seeing the constantly positive reviews (so tired of them whining about graphics, is there any safe place from these people?).

I am wondering if that is possible to pull off with steam? I know most MMO's do this up to a certain level and with other stipulations (usually no trading) to avoid bots and gold selling. I would like to see it implemented, I have some friends who would give it a shot soon and I think I can get em hooked on the crack I mean Project Gorgon.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't you seek a refund via Steam if they game doesn't work on your hardware?

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There are many things that need to be considered when looking to create a free trial for an MMO and it needs to be done correctly in order to preserve the balance of the game and to protect the community.

That said, we understand the role that a free trial plays in the market and we can envision a time when there will be one available; unfortunately, it's not currently at the forefront of the development schedule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Can't you seek a refund via Steam if they game doesn't work on your hardware?
    I am fairly sure you can get one regardless if your game time is less than 2 hours.

Just don't expect to ever touch that account again; it's common for devs to give lifelong bans to people who refund on steam.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Given that there's not a demo yet, I think it's perfectly reasonable to buy the game, test if performance is good enough for you, and if it isn't, seek a refund via Steam. But please remember:

• You must request the refund before Steam shows you having 2 hours of time in the game. After that point, it's not possible to get a refund.
    • Make sure you experience performance in the large outdoor areas like Serbule before making a decision, as the newbie tutorial area isn't as graphically expensive. Two hours should be more than enough time to get off the tutorial island, but if you're stuck on the island and you're getting antsy to test performance elsewhere, you can use the cheat command /leavetut (type this into the chat window and press enter). This will teleport you to the mainland; you can go back to the island later. But note that the game won't let you use that cheat unless you've already made efforts to leave on your own!
    • We definitely don't ban or punish people who get Steam refunds! I don't actually think many developers do that. However, Steam has said that if you request refunds for too many games, they'll stop giving them to you. If you haven't refunded many games, I wouldn't worry about it. I've refunded a few games and my account is fine.
    • It may be impossible to re-buy a game that you requested a refund for. (I'm not sure.) In which case, if you get another PC later, you still won't be able to play. (Edited to add: it seems like I can re-buy the games I've gotten refunds for, so it's probably fine.)
    Last edited by Citan; 07-19-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    [*]It may be impossible to re-buy a game that you requested a refund for. (I'm not sure.) In which case, if you get another PC later, you still won't be able to play. (Edited to add: it seems like I can re-buy the games I've gotten refunds for, so it's probably fine.)
    I'm pretty sure re-buying would be fine. I saw an official Steam note somewhere saying that it's ok to refund a game with less than 2 hours played in order to buy it again at a new Steam sale price. Ah, here's the link: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...QOSK-5126#sale

So, if they allow that, there should be no problem with re-buying in general.

Thread Footer