Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking you mean remembering where you put stuff is the biggest problem. This game has way more storage than is needed - unless you are tying to max every non combat skill at once. You can even click on quest and those chose the 3rd option - it says notes. I used to keep track of everything I had in all my storages through notes. After awhile the specific mats changed too much. I got tired of updating every item every day so I started generalizing mats - alchemy, phrenology, cheesemaking, etc.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, this burns up most of my play time, trying to remember where I left something. It's kinda become not-fun.

And then going to a bank, and then not dropping off or picking up the item you went there for! I feel senile that I have to drop things into the bank, then pull them out, then put them back in x-x

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post

And then going to a bank, and then not dropping off or picking up the item you went there for! I feel senile that I have to drop things into the bank, then pull them out, then put them back in x-x
    Well, if you are going senile, you are not alone. My favorite trick is pulling stuff out of the bank, running to the tanning rack and then discovering that I'd left an item I needed for my recipe in the bank. Again.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    Well, if you are going senile, you are not alone. My favorite trick is pulling stuff out of the bank, running to the tanning rack and then discovering that I'd left an item I needed for my recipe in the bank. Again.
    Or i get out seeds, fill up all my water bottles, head to the garden, buy some seedlings, plant seed and seedlings, water them, make ferti..... oh damn dirt's in the bank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not Eric's fault we have all done that..in fact some of us do it more than we care to admit. But there are ways of organizing storage so we know what is where. It shouldn't become endgame for players.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple thoughts on storage... would be nice to be able to save away councils in storage or at a bank. This would be helpful in being able to save money more effectively for many things like storage spaces, and skills. A way for a guild to be able to collectively save money would be great too so that everyone can pitch in a little here or there and feel like they participated.

Another things about storage, equipped items should not count against your pack space. Equipment should have its own equipment slots.
    -LaRaj
    -Laraj

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaj View Post
    Another things about storage, equipped items should not count against your pack space. Equipment should have its own equipment slots.
    Why? They're part of your capacity. If you did that, then we'd have n slots that we couldn't repurpose. Right now, if you don't equip something, it's a free slot you can fill with guavas if you want. If it was a special slot only for an equipped item, you couldn't put guavas on your head, could you?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why? They're part of your capacity. If you did that, then we'd have n slots that we couldn't repurpose. Right now, if you don't equip something, it's a free slot you can fill with guavas if you want. If it was a special slot only for an equipped item, you couldn't put guavas on your head, could you?
    I suppose the idea would be that equipment wouldn't count against your slots. There'd be additional slots over and above what we have now for equipment.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    I suppose the idea would be that equipment wouldn't count against your slots.
    Yeah, but that's sorta just asking for eight new slots. ^-^

I had the idea that outfits could be condensed to one equipment slot. So when you say you have this pair of pants, this pair of shoes, this hemet: It goes into a stack so inventory isn't cluttered. Wouldn't be as flexible equipment now, as you couldn't just wear those new shoes you bought if shoes were in your outfit you'd have to go out of combat and play around with the UI, but... I also wouldn't have the chance of accidentally selling/storing something that was in an outfit, either.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but that's sorta just asking for eight new slots. ^-^

I had the idea that outfits could be condensed to one equipment slot. So when you say you have this pair of pants, this pair of shoes, this hemet: It goes into a stack so inventory isn't cluttered. Wouldn't be as flexible equipment now, as you couldn't just wear those new shoes you bought if shoes were in your outfit you'd have to go out of combat and play around with the UI, but... I also wouldn't have the chance of accidentally selling/storing something that was in an outfit, either.
    Yeah there was a thread that featured the idea of being able to craft suitcases that would work along those lines. Interesting idea.

Thread Footer