Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Unarmed Mains?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unarmed Mains?

Do you exist?

If so what do you pair unarmed with? Are you building for a tank or controller style? For pure dps?

Solo play or groups?

I see more fire mages than unarmed players and the most used skills I see atm in no particular order are Archery, bard, druid, lycan and Mentalism.

Unarmed players seem rarer than hen's teeth.

Just a curious fellah here. I like Unarmed thematically. Don't see it played much though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kago Kinji View Post
    Do you exist?

If so what do you pair unarmed with? Are you building for a tank or controller style? For pure dps?

Solo play or groups?

I see more fire mages than unarmed players and the most used skills I see atm in no particular order are Archery, bard, druid, lycan and Mentalism.

Unarmed players seem rarer than hen's teeth.

Just a curious fellah here. I like Unarmed thematically. Don't see it played much though.
    Unarmed main here. Great solo and with groups. I leveled Unarmed/Mentalism but switched to Unarmed/Ice Magic for a more control/tank build. Most of the builds you see are there mostly to farm efficiently. Unarmed lends itself more to crowd control and tanking which really isn't necessary for most content in the game. Following the path of least resistance or just a general desire for bigger numbers makes those skills you listed more popular.
    Last edited by Trufax; 07-17-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Kago. |
    Believe it or not unarmed is actually one of the most used skills in the game currently for higher levels for multiple reasons

1. it's defensive skills/mods make it one of the tankiest skills in the game.
    2. it's damage is very good and when paired with something that has synergy with its crushing damage or anything that you can use to abuse its mamba 500% dmg it can pack a 1 shot that disintegrates things faster than thanos can snap his fingers.

So there are currently numerous combinations to unarmed. I will list the 3 best roles unarmed can play and how they perform in the current state of the game.

1(Tank). Unarmed/shield - Best tank in the game as it covers just about every weakness you could have whilst negating immense amounts of damage. (Very slow solo clearing)
    2.(Offtank/support) Unarmed/mentalism - i see this as a paladin of sorts it can definitely be a good maintank if you pick up all the unarmed taunt and generic taunt mods, but it will mainly be a secondary off-tank/support. If your maintank should fail you will be there to fix his mess
    3.(DPS) Lycan/unarmed - Probably the strongest burst dps class currently in the game. Abusing the way the developers decided to do damage calculations this can pack quite the punch both to one or multiple enemies. (you can easily 1 shot most bosses in the game with this and deal roughly 30-40% of a Gazluk bosses health)
    Last edited by VanHelsing; 07-17-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started Unarmed/Psychology on the Island and went to 70 with them. Very good combo for solo play in my opinion, and works well in groups because of the crowd control. I have a stun attatched to "but i love you, an AOE stun on claw barrage, a mezz and a fear. As others have said, can be very tanky. I've played around lately soloing in GK. I can't go far in, but it's fun to clear the front a bit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember a post on the old forums years ago where people were making jokes about being the few who did unarmed. "There are dozens of us!"

Unarmed lives by the mods. Fire magic is probably the most common skill for solo players because of it's DPS and +heat. Unarmed is probably the most common skill in groups. It works so well with tanking builds and any animal build as was said above. Just not farming!

Thread Footer