Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rip rogue and thief classes.

not that they are in the game, but they never will be with a community banning everyone they do not like.
    Also, rip roleplaying.

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG
    Well, i guess not an RPG anymore.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 01-30-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @OP I recommend reading the Terms of Service, this thread shouldn't exist.

Also nobody griefs or scams and gets away with it. The community doesn't ban but excludes people who attempt to be dishonest.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritfingers View Post
    So you are saying that a person should be banned because they were able to get a complete stranger to trust them.
    ...And then were total asshats? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobyddonot View Post
    Rip rogue and thief classes. ... Also, rip roleplaying.
    Scamming ≠ Roleplaying. Anyone who says they are the same is, in fact, an asshat.

Roleplay implies consent. Asshattery is non-consentual.

Learn the difference.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobyddonot View Post
    Rip rogue and thief classes.

not that they are in the game, but they never will be with a community banning everyone they do not like.
    Also, rip roleplaying.

Well, i guess not an RPG anymore.
    You can always work on the troll skill

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This entire thread is about something that hasn't happened & isn't our responsibility to manage. It's difficult for me to articulate my meaning here, but I think it's enough to say that there is a difference between Crowd-sourced and Crowd-funded. Some of us here have given money to see the success of this game...or just the continued development of it.

It's crowd-funded. We don't design the game. We don't get to decide what's allowed and what's not allowed. We don't get to dictate the ethics of the moderation team. This game isn't crowd-sourced. We get to play it.....it's freakin' free to play for now. Trust the moderators to decide and to do their job. Sure, you can share your opinion, but you'll never make the rules and you'll definitely never make the decisions.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    ...And then were total asshats? Yes.

Scamming ≠ Roleplaying. Anyone who says they are the same is, in fact, an asshat.

Roleplay implies consent. Asshattery is non-consentual.

Learn the difference.
    Rogues and Thieves are dishonest by default, but you won't know it until you get betrayed/scammed at least once. That's the whole point and that is how they survive.

What the hell are you talking about? It's not sex, what consent? I can roleplay whatever I want by the Serbule Well and no player will stop me. Roleplaying is something you don't have to get the permission for. If you don't want to participate, fine, no ones forcing you, lol. But you still can be betrayed/scammed any time, because this is how tough the life is. And you don't get to tell other players what they can and can't do in the game. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Easylivin View Post
    You can always work on the troll skill
    I'm not.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 01-31-2017 at 04:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a massive difference between roleplaying a scam, and carrying out an actual scam.

A roleplay scam requires two people who are actually roleplaying. You can't be roleplaying with somebody who isn't roleplaying and still call your actions in character, because if the other person isn't roleplaying then in character they do not exist. That is the only way that you can possibly handle being Grabthar the Unclean in a world where Yugejonsen can also be a name. (example names are examples. I have not seen these names in this game, though Grabthar the Unclean was a character played by a friend of mine.)

A roleplay scam also usually doesn't actually scam anybody. In character you run off with their gold pieces giggling at their stupidity. Out of character you hand over the item if there was even an exchange at all.

Good roleplay is telling a story, that requires a certain degree of cooperation from people, which you won't get if you're using "I'm in character" as a security blanket to be a complete dick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you discribe a table D&D, not a videogame. In a videogame you don't describe what you're doing, you're just doing it and that's the roleplay. Hell this is what the entire 3D enviroment is for, skip the talking, go straight to doing.

If I have to talk, describe and write down stuff to actually roleplay in a videogame, why do I need a videogame? I can do that by playing any RPG irl, per skype, etc.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 01-31-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My entire point is why would anyone trust a stranger with their hard earned mats to make them something. Not just in PG - in any mmo. At the very least, a person should join a guild and ask that guild to make their item. It wouldn't matter to me if a person was roleplaying or actually scamming me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritfingers View Post
    My entire point is why would anyone trust a stranger with their hard earned mats to make them something. Not just in PG - in any mmo. At the very least, a person should join a guild and ask that guild to make their item. It wouldn't matter to me if a person was roleplaying or actually scamming me.
    I agree. What would make sense to me is the person doing the crafting pays in councils for the mats. Then the other person pays the crafter for the finished product. This way there is no chance to scam.

Thread Footer