Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements First Post!

Some sort of incentive to create around 2-4 characters

I apologize if this has already been brought up, but is there any real incentive to have multiple toons?

It's just when new races hit, I would like to have some incentive to play an orc or fairy besides just the avatar appearance or 'role-playing', but combat-related incentives.

Like orcs are ZOMG better at using an axe than a fairy....and fairies are ZOMG better at ice magic than an orc.

Or as an orc, you can choose to be 2x at a war weapon if you forever vow never use a magic (like permanently can't ever use the skill in exchange to be uber good at a chosen war weapon). IDK, just throwing ideas out.
    Last edited by maestroanth; 07-03-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this is planned. Already, some players have alts for permanent choices. They might not want Druid, Priest, or Lycanthropy on their first character. They might want a secondary slot to be a dedicated animal (lots of bat alts).

Looking at the upcoming races, there will be differences. Here's a thread that has some details, and some links to other threads with more details. https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...=5235#post5235

One thing I'm not sure is mentioned at that link, is that certain races will have an affinity for certain skills. We already know, and can see, that characters leveling sword will only automatically learn abilities if they are a Human, Elf, Rakshasa, or Orc.
    Bannerholme Archivist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing you can really do right now is make self-imposed challenges - for example, you can type /behaviorreport to see additional stats. In the past, we've tried a no-death & no interacting with other players items or grouping, but it was short-lived and never really took off.

Likewise, I've tried to push for an animal-only league for new characters, again there wasn't really the sort of interest or demand I would've liked.

Anyway, the point here is most people like to do everything on one character - and while choices may be permanent right now, none of them are exclusive with one another (I.e. you can be a Lycan & Druid), so there's very little point in making new characters outside of the above challenges.

For me, at least, I've sort of lost track of what I wanted to do with my current characters, but there's just not enough incentive to start fresh as you're ultimately just repeating what you've already done.

I'd really like some twists on traditional game-play, and I hope the new races can offer that - though at this stage I'm skeptical that making anything race-exclusive will work out for the community as the whole (The whole "permanent animal beyond level 50" thing never ended up happening as players wanted to be able to access everything - iirc they were going to make it so if you decursed, your level would drop back to 50 - that never happened either, but of a tangent here - but the point is that any time something is seen as either being exclusive to a character archetype or locks you out of other options is always argued against).
    IGN: Vzi

Thread Footer