I would really appreciate some help from players that have got past the "just learning the game" stage and are now "into it" and playing like they would any MMO.

My problam is I just cannot seem to be able to advance enough or get intot the game enough to hook me, though I keep trying. I am level 15 or so firemagic and have done a few beginner quests but I die far too often. A typical play session is as follows:

I go into the sewers not far from Serbule town in the hope nobody else is there so that I can get strange dirt for making fertilizer to make my cabbages. I maybe have a work order that I struggle with from the area with the boats. I don't know anywhere else to go except wonder aimlessly outside town. I cannot get a guild (biggest problem!) even though I ask respectfully in chat fairly often - are the actually guilds in game yet? A guild would really help me learn quicker.

I am now bored with a few stupid quests that are impossible to complete for one reason or another (a bear in a barn - it kills me outright and I cannot damage it, quests in the next town beginning with E - two of them - but I cannot get there as I get killed soon after the teleport into the land there, usually by wolf but any other roaming mob will kill me.

At the moment the only thing I seem to be able to do is repeat the Dino's in the crypt/sewer but I am bored with that.

I feel like I am overlooking someting simple or just playing stupidly or something - can you tell me what tricks I am missing here please? I appreciate any and all advice. The thing is that I have a deep suspicion that this is actually a really good game with a lot of potential and I don't want to just give up on it.

Thanks all