Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make Prostitution a misc skill in game like dying. Please read well thought out,

Project Gorgon is a very adult oriented game in some areas. For example the guy who teaches you how to become a bard in Serbule hills has an option to have sex with him for 4 hours. Also, when your making a character before you play Gorgon, The lore talks about how elves are sex addicts and there is a huge emphasis on sex. Now I don't want Gorgon to have full blown graphic sex animations but I think a skill like prostitution could be fun to level if it was implemented in the right way and it would match the lore of this game 110%.

Here is my proposal of the misc skill.

Prostitution skill can be a bartering skill which if leveled high enough can influence certain NPC's to give you more favor to unlock certain rewards. The skill is mainly a skill that lets you influence an NPC by having sex with them. The higher level prostitute you are the more easier it is to influence an npc to give you favor. Also, I think it would make good humor if dev's wrote some hilarious lines for npc's to reject your sexual advances if your prostitution skill was too low. I also think leveling prostitution should be real life time instead of in game time.

For example you go to Joeh and your only friends status, but an option comes up where you can have sex with joeh for 8 real hours when your offline if your prostitution skill is high enough. This real time would make leveling prostitution worth it because it would be a skill that would take a while to level. Also, some npc's that require higher prostitution to advance with them should have special rewards for you being able to seduce them.

Leveling prostitution skill could be an optional way to get more favor instead of doing quests or giving gifts. If a a player had higher prostitution they could easily bypass some of these fetch quests if they really wanted favor with a particular npc. However, as mentioned above leveling the skill could only be done offline but you should be able to have sex with atleast two npc's while your offline.
    Plaximos is A Fire Mage and Animal Tamer in Project Gorgon. He also is A Spider Druid. If you need help, he has over 400 hours in Gorgon and will provide assistance if he can! He is also apart of the guild called "Worst Players Ever", which is a smaller guild in Project Gorgon! Always accepting new people!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An interesting...and truly terrible idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty too deep.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I'm absolutely against this as a skill, perhaps something along what you've suggested could be introduced if Errana's Harlots are ever more than just a detail in the lore.
    Bannerholme Archivist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sex is in the lore though, if dev's didn't want the game sexual they could have avoided it. The lore should be more mainstream in the game. All I am saying.
    Plaximos is A Fire Mage and Animal Tamer in Project Gorgon. He also is A Spider Druid. If you need help, he has over 400 hours in Gorgon and will provide assistance if he can! He is also apart of the guild called "Worst Players Ever", which is a smaller guild in Project Gorgon! Always accepting new people!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sex is in the lore/game. So how does sex now equal prostitution? And how does that mean we need in game mechanics for it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because there is some mention of sex in the game does not mean there needs to be a skill devoted to it

There's a line waaaay back there that a Prostitution Skill crossed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. I'm sorry I offended you.
    Last edited by Plaximos; 06-20-2018 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Bump

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not offended

No worries

Its good to have ideas and express them... That's what alpha/beta is for

Keep throwing shit at the wall and eventually some of it will stick

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Plaximos' suggestion was not over the line. It was not obscene or graphic, not derogatory to the sex workers (or anyone else), not intended to troll. It was a serious - that is, perhaps amusing but not a joke - suggestion for a new game mechanic.

Project: Gorgon is a mature game. If we were ESRB rated we would probably be M for Mature - and we are okay with that. Our NPCs talk about sex. Hell, our NPCs have sex with players and each other all the time. I am absolutely certain that prostitution occurs somewhere within the world of Project: Gorgon. But we will never be particularly graphic with our sex. We will never use in-game sex or nudity to shock or titilate. And we absolutely will not tolerate real-life discrimination of any kind.

This suggestion? Probably not going to be implemented. But as stated it is not over the line.

I'm leaving this thread open for discussion of the suggestion; let's keep it focused on the suggestion, please.

(Aside: And I will never understand why people seem to latch onto the '4 hour' part of Rappanel's hang out.)
    Last edited by srand; 06-21-2018 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Can't make the size tags work. :/

Thread Footer