Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

transmutation question

When transmuting a gear mod, the allowed results appear more limited than expected. Unwanted mods often appear to be replaced with similarly disappointing mods - e.g., 'hacking blade reduces target rage by x' become 'parry increases armor by x'. Transmuting again only appears to restore the hacking blade rage reduction mod and the cycle just repeats thereafter. Is this just bad luck, or what? I had the impression replacement mods were randomly selected from all available mods for the combat skill being transmuted. It severely diminishes the utility of transmutation if low value mods are doomed to perpetually cycle through a pool of similarly low value mods. Some clarification would be constructive for build planning - e.g., a psi wave mod can only be transmuted into another psi wave mod. Otherwise, transmutation is worse than a box of chocolates.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Are you using anything like http://www.gorgonexplorer.com/ to check what is possible?

The Treasure Effects for swords will always remain a Treasure Effect for sword. It will be randomly selected from the pool or remaining effects for that type of gear (most types have 9 or 10 possible mods each) . Once I choose which mod I want after a couple weeks of attempts ( because of needing durability repairs) I always have got the gear the way I have wanted. I have had streaks of bad luck where it bounced between 2 unwanted skills.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night I was repairing my offhand weapon for the 4th time. 2nd try got me the mod i wanted. The first 9 seemed to cycle between 2-3 that were useless to me. Then i made attempts on two more pieces of gear I've been working on forever. First try on each worked out and I was done......and just sat staring at them, wondering what happened. It's just random. Can be a good day or bad day. Eventually you get what you need.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did 8 modded changes on an item to get only 3mods repeating themselves, this sort of thing been going on for as long I've been trying to mod gear, besibe getting a 1/1000000 to get a decent yellow then u need 20000 pholg to change mods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! I'm new at transmutation and was beginning to suspect a deeper issue than just bad luck [the only variant I seem to have mastered]. So, assuming I understand correctly, it's just a matter of persistence, resources and a smile from chaotica to roll a desirable mod. I usually play solo, so mods like a few extra armor points and rage reduction have low curb appeal. I realize duplicates and mods unrelated to the combat skill applicable are not available, but, wanted to know if all other mods [per gorgonexplorer], or only a restricted set of mods are possible to roll. Wasting effort and materials on impossible dreams is not my idea of fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use an augment to give the item a mod you don't want(I suggest one of the two that are cycling).

Since transmutation never gives an item a mod that already exists on it, nor can it give the same one that you swapped out, that way you can force the item to roll a different one.

Thread Footer