Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Trade Chat Search

It's been awhile. Posting this in General Discussion because, well, I wonder what people think of it.

In Discord we have a sub-channel of The Gorgon's Head called "Rahu Market": a place to post your ingame Trade needs while you're offline. Ex. WTB Ice Magic enabling Rabbit Helm (Familiar Controller). People can then post that they have one, which opens the opportunity to get what you need eventually from someone who's offline.

It's one solution, but it's just not enough.

Guild Wars 1: https://kamadan.decltype.org/

This is a website which feeds trade chat in Guild Wars 1 to a website, allowing players who are offline to view Trade chat in real-time whether they're offline or online, across all Guild Wars shards (servers). Many tools like this exist for many online or partially online games. The usefulness of this tool would help the PG economy thrive.

I've never used PG Messenger. It seems like it functions like this, but what if I'm not at my computer and fancy an opportunity to find a way to make some sweet, sweet Councils? Does anyone out there have the know-how to code this up and host it with little-to-no graphics or UI (so it is usable at work or on a phone)?

Does anyone else share a desire for such a tool, with or without a built-in search feature?
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PG Messenger can be changed without too much trouble to record trade chat and display a summary of recent activity (whatever you define as such) in a web page.

The only issue is that almost nobody uses it, so adding more features or optimization (it can be slow) is at the bottom of my priority list.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can it display to a discord channel category?
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do have a trade channel in The Gorgon's Head discord. Many players do post there. I know it's not quite what you are asking for, but it's a start?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Can it display to a discord channel category?
    Probably doable, probably complicated. pgmoon can interface with Google Calendar, but nobody uses it, so again it's just low priority for me unless people start to actually use the thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i remember someone i know actually programmed something so you could whisper a player in game with what you wanted to buy/sell and it would keep track of it, then people who search for that specific item or wanted to look through it would just whisper the player a specific set of commands, but sadly the person working on it stopped due to the Developers asking him to :/ would have been cool to see it finished, my old guild use to love using it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best out-of-game auction tracker that I've seen is.... http://tlpauctions.com/ from Everquest. Problem is... it might be too good.

Thread Footer