Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Login Problem with Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Hi,

I've been trying to play the game on my iMac, but there is a problem when I start the game from Steam.

When the launcher app starts up, it loads the news and music, but above the Login button, there is a message "There was an error authenticating with Steam." The button is unclickable, and I can go no further.

As far as I can tell, the problem is specific to the version of OS X on my iMac: 10.10.5.

I have been able to launch the game successfully from the same Steam account, but on my laptop, which has OS X 10.12.

Any ideas (other than changing the OS)?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, just asking some background questions. On your iMac, you have downloaded Gorgon using steam? And then after that you can't connect?

If so, validate your installation using steam. Right click the game in your game menu and go to properties. Then go to the local files tab and hit the "verify integrity of game files" tab.

Afterwords, try to log in on the IMAC, but make sure you're not logged into steam on any other computer. That can cause weirdness all by itself. Let us know how that goes!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I had to nuke my installation files on Yosemite to get it working. Steam was being very buggy. Then I upgraded High Sierra and inherited other troubles x-x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfyn View Post
    Hi, just asking some background questions. On your iMac, you have downloaded Gorgon using steam? And then after that you can't connect?!
    Thanks for replying!

Yes, I used Steam to download and launch. Since this started, I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Gorgon and Steam, and verified the files in Steam.

And I can confirm that I was not logged into Steam at the same time on any other machine.

So to me, the only difference appears to be the OS version. I suspect Apple, Steam, or both, have made some changes in the way they handle these authentications in newer OSes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Yeah, I had to nuke my installation files on Yosemite to get it working. Steam was being very buggy. Then I upgraded High Sierra and inherited other troubles x-x

Yeah, that's what worries me. I have some expensive legacy software, so I really can't upgrade to High Sierra unless I want to spend a LOT of money.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I can tell, Steam isn't keeping up with the security requirements on macOS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something like that, I bet.

Anyway, I was able to upgrade to El Capitan and still use my legacy software. The game runs well on El Capitan, so I think maybe they need to update the system requirements on Steam.

Thread Footer