Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is viable tank builds already then i apologize for saying that this game didn't have any real tanks.
    I may try out cow and probably unarmed/psychology also

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only real things stopping tanking builds from being a thing right now are:
    1.Taunt abilities being lackluster for the job of actually keeping aggro,and
    2.The utility of a tank that can kinda tank at best(currently) v. content that has you benefit from bringing as much dps as possible.
    You can build for all kinds of damage mitigation but chances are you'll be the last person to die and not the first is all.

We're talking not only surviving damage but attracting attention and I just think the latter job is the problem.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...And we'll need to do something about completely unblockable random boss-throws-you-or-stuns-you effects. x-x

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    ...And we'll need to do something about completely unblockable random boss-throws-you-or-stuns-you effects. x-x
    Fortunately, Priest can help with that now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by preechr View Post
    My main is staff/unarmed/shield specifically because I wanted a tank that felt like a monk... Is that not a thing? I swear I remember reading that staff was a great tank weapon....
    Go look at the mods for staff on gorgon explorer, and then type in something like this for unarmed : ji3jabd1

Here's one of the mods for the chest for unarmed: While using Unarmed skill, 22% of all Slashing, Piercing, and Crushing damage you take is mitigated and added to the damage done by your next Punch or Jab. Here's another for the hands: While using Unarmed skill, 22% of all Acid, Poison, and Nature damage you take is mitigated and added to the damage done by your next Kick.

And then you can do crap like this: Headbutt deals +26% damage and conjures a magical field that mitigates 20% of all physical damage you take for 10 seconds (or until 200 damage is mitigated). And that will combo with this: Unarmed attacks have a 23% chance to conjure a magical field that mitigates 10% of all physical damage you take for 1 minute (or until 100 damage is mitigated).

More or less the amount of mitigation you can stack with unarmed is unreal. You can tank with staff using just the base skills however (can't really do that with unarmed so much unless fighting one target not immune to stuns).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come watch Veal in GK on his unarmed cow, hes a bit ridiculous now, as a priest I pray for adds to aggro other people because I'm bored if not.

Thread Footer