Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Tale of Oinks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Tale of Oinks

Author's Note: Hello everyone, I'm Nrdr123 and welcome to the first installment of a Tale of Oinks. Feel free to leave a comment, and I invite you as fellow players to join in the adventure of in the Tale of Oinks. Continue where another player leaves off and lets make the Tale of Oinks a fun group project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oink fellow porks, my name is Hambone and I will be the Prime Rib for our adventure in the Tale of Oinks and I will be serving as the occasional narrator.
    The continent of Alharth is home to a variety of races, humanoid and beast alike. So please be mindful of the other characters you will be meeting on our tale. Without further ado, let's get this squee-tastic story started.

"So you Oink to become a pig? Well step right Oink.", said the Crone.
    She was an old woman in dirty grey robes. Alongside her in this dimly lit cave was a lone human, who seemed to be pleading with her about some matter.

"Well from what I can see of the animals are that they seem to be more prevalent on this continent, and have you seen those dance moves? Why would you not want to be a Pig," replied a somewhat overzealous male adventurer.

The crone stared at the harebrained adventurer and let out a deep sigh. "Very well."
    The Crone then began to chant a spell in her guttural language, from what the adventurer could make out he was sure he heard the word "Circe" at least once. As she finished chanting a pink mist began to form around the adventurer.

"Whoa there, strange it smells like bacon," he said as the pink mist enveloped him and from dim lighting you could only make out the humans form slowly shift. From a muscular figure to a more obtuse shape, and instead of standing tall on two legs, he was now squatting down trotting around on four. His skin color was now a bright pink hue, similar to some of the creatures on the countryside.

"Help Rii! Get oink, in unk unk. I need Squee!," shouted the now pig shaped adventurer.

The adventurer was rolling around on the ground, the pain seemed excruciating. And all he could see from his fear driven eyes was the scene of the Crone cackling.

"Well, my dear adventurer. Be careful what you oink for. Hahahaha!," cackled the Crone, as she cast some strange magic and disappeared in a puff of smoke.
    ----
    Thank you for reading the first entry into the Tale of Oinks. I encourage you and others into taking in the Tale and making this story more dynamic and fleshed out.

My name is Hambone and I will be the animal I was always meant to be, the socialite, the slouch, and a party animal of a creature. Good Night and Stay Unked!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Baye lay curled up asleep in the tall grass at the base of a tree just inside Serbule township. She was having that dream again. Her human nose twitched, and her hands made small movements in the air as she dreamt in peaceful bliss. Suddenly she was jerked from her sleep by reality and the realization that she was a human.

"If only I could dream forever" she muttered to herself as she stretched her human form from its slumber. She sat in the shade of the tree, craving a carrot and watching the various travelers passing in and out of Serbule. She was positive that some past event had placed her in this silly human form, she felt so out of place in it.

While exploring Sun Vale, she’d met and had a nice conversation with Spot. When they first met, Spot seemd to “sniff” at Baye, which caused her to jump back slightly.

“There’s something different about you Baye, I seem to recognize it from my past,” said Spot.

“Your past?” Baye asked her.

Spot then explained how she used to be a dog but was now stuck in her human body. They spoke at length and Baye felt a kinship with Spot. Maybe that’s what had happened to her. Her name was Baye and dogs bay. But her dreams were of being a bunny, not a dog.

Some time later she heard of Cotton. He was a brave bunny, one of the last and in many ways the first of his kind. He bravely sought out the Hag and the Fairy on his path of exploration and discovery. He disappeared some time ago but tales of him are still spoken today.

Baye was trying to explain the awkwardness she felt in her current form with a human friend yesterday when he told her about a special, magical concoction he had found while exploring. He claimed it might fulfil her longing and return her to her true form if she was indeed originally a bunny. She wasn’t convinced though, potions and form changing scared her. She’d heard plenty of other tales regarding the evil deeds of wizards.

Someone exiting Serbule caught her attention. “Cotton,” she muttered. No, it couldn’t be, this was a human! But some instinct told her it was him. She jumped up and stealthily followed him, trying not to be obvious. She followed him to the Crone’s cave and watched as he entered without hesitation.

“Ewww,” she said. Her mind told her to follow but her body shivered at the thought of entering that nasty place. She cautiously crept inside the cave. She squeezed into a crevice in the wall without being noticed. She could barely hear and see what was transpiring between this human and the crone.

She then saw pink mist and heard the Crone cackle. She watched intently as the mist began to fade.

“Aaahhh,” she gasped. The human was gone, and a pig was rolling on the ground in his place. She quickly slid out of the crevice and began running towards town in fear.

“Surely not,” she thought, her mind racing in disbelief. Maybe the wizards tales were true!

By Baye, maybe a future bunny.

Thread Footer