Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there ever going to be a cosmetic store on steam that lets you buy add ons

Stuff like costumes or name change vouchers nothing that would be Pay2win just like costumes on startreck online that dont effect the ingame combat or economy balance something that would [A]Let me contribute some cash through steam and [B] Let me have a little bit of a show moment on holidays like on Halloween have face paint or a mask and [C] I want to change my in game name as I have ranted many times

Literally would pay $20 dollars on steam for name change

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think on the name change, it will be the same answer as you got last time. Yes, but it is still somewhere in the future.

On buying add-ons, it sounds a little like what was being talked about for what VIP subscription might get. The devs are still working out what is going to be in the VIP. They want it to be fun but fair to everybody.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spider91301 View Post
    Literally would pay $20 dollars on steam for name change
    I would Literally pay $2500 to prevent this feature from creeping into this game, I like that its a smaller community and it can police itself, I like that people who raid the guild chests and steal from other plays, or grief people cannot hide behind a name change. From someone who has threatened to grief people, and in particular lower levels... i think if you do this kind of stuff you should not be able to just change your name and have it go away. Actions have consequences, and being able to just constantly wipe the slate clean will lead to people doing shit like stealing everything from a guild chest and just changing their name and joining a new guild. Or some whiny child throwing a tantrum and griefing n00bs, in low level dungeons then just changing their name and pretending it never happened.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk View Post
    I would Literally pay $2500 to prevent this feature from creeping into this game, I like that its a smaller community and it can police itself, I like that people who raid the guild chests and steal from other plays, or grief people cannot hide behind a name change. From someone who has threatened to grief people, and in particular lower levels... i think if you do this kind of stuff you should not be able to just change your name and have it go away. Actions have consequences, and being able to just constantly wipe the slate clean will lead to people doing shit like stealing everything from a guild chest and just changing their name and joining a new guild. Or some whiny child throwing a tantrum and griefing n00bs, in low level dungeons then just changing their name and pretending it never happened.
    I have to agree with this to a point. I'm wondering if it might be beneficial if a player's older names showed up when you inspect them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having already seen a few too many character names referencing genitalia, things one might do with genitalia, stuff that comes out of genitalia and other such garbage, I'd really love to see some names be changed, but more on the lines of a mod action than player choice, for the same reason @Mesk gave

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fine with player name changes. I think the majority of them are prompted by players just being unhappy with the name they picked - maybe they thought of a better name, or want to turn their throwaway alt into their main, or decide the name doesn't fit their character anymore for whatever reason. I don't think there's any need to penalize that because some minority of players might also pay for a name change as a griefing tool. If someone's that into griefing, they can just roll new alts as needed to bum fresh guild invites.

If I paid for a name change, I wouldn't want my old name to be visible. The whole point of the name change would be that I dislike the old name and don't want it associated with my character anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaNotus View Post
    I have to agree with this to a point. I'm wondering if it might be beneficial if a player's older names showed up when you inspect them.
    What about just showing the Display Name from the Account when you inspect?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by preechr View Post
    Having already seen a few too many character names referencing genitalia, things one might do with genitalia, stuff that comes out of genitalia and other such garbage, I'd really love to see some names be changed, but more on the lines of a mod action than player choice, for the same reason @Mesk gave
    Vulgar names break rules in the Code of Conduct and the EULA, if you see a name that is inappropriate, please file a abuse report using the form under the support (! icon) button on the top of the right hand side menu. The devs will decide and take it from there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to agree with Beta and Mesk here to be honest, I have played so long It's nice knowing many, I have had no issues with anyone though, but I'd still like to know who was who.
    I'd also to be honest like to see Alts linked to main characters also, mine are.

The old name does not have to be easily visible, if there was a simple chat command just to check players name history for those that have blacklists etc, not that it's something I'd ever do.
    Or a command to show the other characters on that account.

The vulgar names don't bother me either really, though as others have said I think it's against the terms.
    Was also a period where folks would create throw away alts with names very similar to established players just to cause shite on global , that sucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The writing in this game is already pretty vulgar, so, who cares.

Thread Footer