Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Project Gorgon PvP

Possible to run a 2nd server with pvp enabled?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been answered in so many places and so many ways....

In short, the direct answer remains: no, not at this time.

At one point the Devs said IF there were enough people at some point in the future, they would consider this option. Currently the server we have can hold 1500 people. We're not even close to that number, as 600+ has been the very peak concurrent players so far. So having a second server at this point would be premature. Two servers would be very... empty, to say the least.

Have you tried the pvp that exists in game? The game is not at all focused on PVP. The devs have stated that with limited resources, they would rather make a good pve game than attempt to create at best, mediocre pvp. If you understand how builds are created and how they can be changed, you might see how a good PvP experience might be hard to achieve. Citan has said this. If I get back to this, I will find the links to those quotes unless someone puts them here first.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Actually, PvP isn't going to be a big part of the game. That's mostly about development scope: trying to balance things for both PvP and PvE is a tremendous job that usually doesn't work too well, even for teams with multi-million-dollar budgets. Since this game is mostly about cooperation and PvE, we decided to skip PvP.

So our PvP will always be pretty rudimentary. We'll make do very basic balancing work on it eventually, but don't expect elaborate events or rewards.

I do think there are some interesting niche opportunities for indie PvP MMOs, though, and I hope that more indie teams focus on them! -Eric
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comm...ntasy_mmo_ama/

The above is the most recent answer from the Devs

other links:

https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...rum-Discussion
    http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/PvP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know PvP isn't a big part of Project Gorgon - and speaking as a player who cares very little about it, but I can't help but wonder why there isn't a simple toggle for it for players that want it?

In the ancient past, I've seen players permanently flagged for PvP, as well as potions that provide temporary flags. Sure, it'd be a messy free for all for concerned players, but it'd ultimately have no effect on the rest of us if they want to duke it out every so often - as long as they understand it's not a core part of the gameplay (perhaps some sort of prompt before turning it on?) and that inevitably it won't be even remotely balanced, I don't think there's any particular harm in letting players voluntarily allow themselves to be attacked by other players.
    IGN: Vzi

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players can pvp now. Any time! In the pvp dungeon under the Mantis house. Or with the pvp punch. Anyone asking for a pvp venue, at least should try that out.

Get some friends in there and smoosh each other.

Boring... well yeah! Mostly because the combat isn't designed for pvp. Starting by saying, let them do it, inevitably leads to requests for more pvp. And changes to combat FOR pvp. That's a fairly predictable outcome. The decision to NOT do that was made long ago. Certainly there are more pressing issues to be dealt with in the development process.

We've been through this. We have the Dev's answer. Yah really gonna make them say it again?

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If we were to add a PVP on/off option, people would assume that we were a PvEvP title and would post about wanting more PVP content and how PVP was insanely unbalanced, etc.

As we have said, Project: Gorgon is a PvE title and we don't have plans for additional PvP content and/or settings.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing that I find so interesting is that no matter how many times the developers state their goals with the game, and that PVP is absolutely not one of them, people still argue the point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so, so, so many other issues I'd rather see the devs work on - optimization first, content second - that if they started spending resources on PvP I'd probably not be very thrilled, to put it mildly. Also, the game has always been sold (Reddit page, etc) as a game that is relatively unconcerned with PvP. It was one of the reasons I bought it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a problem, just a consideration on my part. I thought this looked kinda everquesty and thought it might be neat to try out - but if you're gonna stick pvpers in a hole and bar thoughtful competition that's up to you but I thought there was some potential with classless progression. I wouldn't put it out, there's a lot to pvp and communication that can thwart things like aoe mezz, various cc, mind control, feign death, kos npc's, reputation building, etc. But it seems like you've all made up your mind which is totally cool. If you like fighting monster sims all day thats cool, it just seems like playing chess versus a computer and never playing against another person. Unless you travel over here or eat this pie for 5 min, etc.

TLDR; pvp builds community and a means to compete over progression rather than holding hands and waiting in line.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somehow understanding didn't happen here. The Dev chose to not do pvp for multiple reasons and has repeatedly described why, if you'll read those links Shield provided. This was NOT a player or community choice.

And our taking the time to explain this to you shows the strength of our community. Cooperation builds community just as well or better than a competitive based pvp format.

When players come armed to the forums with assumptions based on other game models, without examining what this game provides, I have to think they are seeking forum PvP. Hopefully you'll find that game you're looking for--it's not this one.

Thread Footer