Quote Originally Posted by maestroanth View Post
Meh, I think the whole tank/healer/dps role crap needs to die. Being pigeon-holed isn't fun. That's what makes me excited about PG so far, and you can cooperate well and devise your own roles and strategies without being pigeon-holed from the get-go.
The beauty of the classless setup in P:G is I can build for support in a dungeon group and use any setup I want to solo, so nobody is actually "pigeon-holed" per se

There's danger in building a game with no need for support classes, though... That's what leads to parties of only max DPS builds and anybody that built anything else was just wasting their time

Additionally, for choices to matter they need to have consequence, so if I choose to focus my build on dealing damage, I should be weakened in other aspects like durability, self-healing and CC, and P:G accomplishes that by limiting the amount of skills we can use at any given time, locking skill bonuses into gear based treasure effects, and grouping mobs together so that pulls are more than DPS alone can handle

Roles are what bring us cooperation and strategy... I really don't see where that exists in "Everybody run in and AoE everything down"