Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Hello naaaaa Gorgonites!

fellow* /sigh lol

Cina here. I'm a bit late to the forum party as I've been playing the game for 5 or 6 weeks now already, but figured I'd finally get on here and say hi. I started with MMOs back in classic EQ in 1999 (though didn't have my own account until 2000). Since some might find this relevant, I played a cleric and monk to 60 before scrapping them both (i.e. sold account) and settling on a necro who I technically still have to this day (though EQ now vs EQ then is...really not the same game). As many on here probably have to certain extent, I've played WoW for a long time, but finding a new old school MMO home has been a massive chore. PG is the first game in nearly 20 years that has sparked the gleeful dread in me of "I'm truly getting addicted to this, oh my!".

Though I played a necro in EQ (and loved it), I've not unlocked necro in PG and, at least for now, don't plan on it. I did unlock priest this week when it became available (thanks again @Nohh for helping with the fee on that...rather unexpectedly), but have not made any other "permanent" choices. Over the years I've developed a rather large distaste for games where the "everyone can do everything!" mentality has run amok, and I hope that PG will eventually have blocking choices of some variety (if you do this you cannot EVER do that) (random example: maybe if you are a druid you can't ever be a weather witch. Not just not use them together, not ever. B/C if you choose to protect nature you can't also choose to mess with it?). Don't get me wrong, I like choices, just not so much so that, in the long run, everyone has to do everything or they won't be allowed by the community to do anything.

Deer so far (no druid)...I enjoy it mostly and my focused feedback for that will come in another thread at another time.

Hi again, and nice to meet you all!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Cina, welcome to Project: Gorgon

I wish I know if any permanent choices where going to be mutual exclusive. I try to follow the information about the game really closely, and I have no idea which way it is going to turn out. I haven't made any permanent choices yet, but I plan to pick one each for my Alts. It takes real willpower to not go druid. Deer is my main Animal Form, also (no druid), glad to see another person resisting the lure of the druids.

Hope to see you in game and look forward to your deer thread

Thread Footer