Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions from newish player

Hi All,

Enjoying the game so far.
    Been around for about 2 months, playing very casually.

Im currently 48 archery/46 sword.

I've taken Fire Magic, Priest, bard, mentalist all to the 20-30 level ranges (most high 20's).

Keenly interested in persuing Hammer and druid skills also.

Im not really having any problems making coin (though I do spend it very fast on skill training and doing new support skills, cooking, gardening, surveying etc). That said im by no means rich. Its just not really been a struggle at all to pay for my training and crafting needs. (Newer players reading this - its not hard, make sure you always carry skinning and butchering tools, cook meats into sausage or venison roasts - sell. All skins you get, use tanning, get rolls, sell or do leatherworking. I also do surveying for gems and metals, easy money source also). Especially while levelling through serbule, serbule hills, eltibule. Can only imagine it gets even more plentiful and rewarding in higher tier areas.

Questions (or, parts I do struggle with)

- Kur Mountains. I have the feeling im missing a survival trick here. I'm using the emergency camp fires, but I burn through stacks of those very fast, too fast for it to seem a viable survival method. And at 100 coin a pop, not the best way im gathering....
    I'd like to start making inrodes into the local wildlife, mainly to feed my tanning and cooking addictions, but im really not able to do so very efficiently due to the environment effect.

So what is it? Use fire magic? Priest buffs? a food im missing?..... need some help here.

- Gearing for levels 45-50. Where? Im still lugging around gear from the eltibule goblin dungeon (levels 30-35).
    I've started doing kur tower, its slowish going and I am getting odd drops, but just nothing id want to wear yet.
    Ideally id like to have level 40/45 gear with the odd bit of level 50 gear to have Joeh hold on to for me for when I hit 50.

- Opinions on Druid or Wolf.
    Im attracted to the Druid/Archer combination (I was also enjoying archer/priest), but wolf certainly looks interesting. However I look at it thinking most of the combat skills im interested in, simply don't pair with wolf.

- Archers - Is fletching worth the investment? So far I've been buying my arrows on the market.
    Finding fletching particularly expensive and slow to skill up, especially now my archery skill has skipped so far ahead of my fletching anyway.

- Sell rolls or actually do leatherworking?

- How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

;p

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Beating Kur Cold

Spoiler Spoiler:

sorry not sure about your other questions

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't change your skills just to survive the cold in Kur... Get a couple of pieces of winter gear and make Cold Resistance pots to drastically slow the effect of cold, learn the locations of the public campfires, and you can run around all day up there killing stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For gearing - the Tor Uraks in Elt sometimes drop L35-L40 stuff. Critters in Sun Vale can also drop L35-L40ish gear, and the environment won't kill you. Also, if you can get the Ice Barrier Bypass scroll from a certain NPC in Kur, I've found that the deeper level of Kur Tower is actually easier for me than the upper level. Upper level just has too many random adds and clumps, between the ice mages' DPS and skeleton guardians' HP and Armor. The striga down below and the ghouls in the courtyard after the ice barrier are much easier for my build, more manageably spread out, and drop L40ish gear. Look out for the rhinos, though.

As for surviving Kur wilderness, I'm with you. No thanks. It's not worth the effort. I did a little skinning there with some emergency fires, but the environment is just too harsh for my build, which has no real cold protective skills. Investment does not yield enough return to be worth the time.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ukorga in the Kur outpst will barter winter gear for stuff, worth a look, make sure u got the skills you want to use when bartering. Camp fires you can actually make and it's a low carpentry recipe so is cold pots in alchemy,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasc View Post
    - Kur Mountains. I have the feeling im missing a survival trick here.
    Open the wiki, look for Kur Map, mark the locations of the stable campfires/dungeons/buildings until you know these by heart. There's people like me who don't spend a dime on staving off the cold and just run from one point of warmth to another(speedboost gear/skills help).
    - Gearing for levels 45-50. Where? Im still lugging around gear from the eltibule goblin dungeon (levels 30-35).
    Look up the Wolf Cave, there's 2 easy chests you can have access to alone. Then farm gear in Kur tower. That, or get a group to do the rest of the wolf cave.
    - Opinions on Druid or Wolf..
    Be careful with these since you can't undo it.
    - Archers - Is fletching worth the investment? So far I've been buying my arrows on the market.
    Finding fletching particularly expensive and slow to skill up, especially now my archery skill has skipped so far ahead of my fletching anyway.
    Fletching is a strange skill in that it is way more valuable to you when you don't have it but quickly loses it's shine after you trudge to grind it. As in, if you don't have it sometimes you'll find yourself to be screwed since almost no one sells arrows consistently, but once you grind it to max level you notice there's no money to be had, different from other crafts.

So, it's a skill that you level to not get fucked rather than to gain something nice out of it. Is that worth it? Up to you.
    - Sell rolls or actually do leatherworking?
    Here's the thing: Leatherworking is expensive to level. Not even because of the pelts, but because each book with recipes cost more, and you need the previous books as well(can't skip). The beginner book(level 0 recipes) cost me 1,5k. The level 10 ones 7,5k each(form this point onwards there's always two per tier). The level 20, 15k each. And so on.

So your options are either to stockpile the pelts to use later on, slow down considerably and farm loads of money to try and make the gear you need at your level, or sell them to the guys trying to level LW.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For dealing with the cold in kur:

-Learn where the permanent campfires are. You can warm up at these and keep them going by adding wood. There are about half a dozen.

-Get a few pieces of Winter Leather armor. If you have leatherworking you can learn from Ukorga at the outpost. You can even bind yourself there and work out of it as a base. There are 4 npc's with storage, a bank, tanning, cooking, and forging stations. One npc buys gear, another all manner of skins and carpentry.

-Make cold resist potions. These take flesh off the abominations in the goblin dungeon. Or from vendors, i find a lot of it on yetta.

-Fire magic has a skill to warm you up, as does higher level first aid.

-There are a couple of meditation skills that give cold resist. One drops in GK, but is often at vendors Orcish Meditation #15 , if i recall right.

Kur is a great zone. First, so many people avoid it because of the cold So lots of mobs, tons of resources. Wood, furs, mining, lichen, mushrooms etc. Several nice dungeons, and it gets you trained for running around Gazuk Plateau. Gaz is like Kur on steroids. No people, high level mobs, and top tier resources. And very, very cold.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the feedback.

I had already been gambling with Ugorka for gear with seeds and furs. Just no luck with anything worth while yet.
    Perhaps for this zone in particular i just need to forgo some ability effects and focus on getting the cold protection higher.

I diddnt realise that cold protection potions offset the environmental effect. Thats very helpful.

I've done alot in Sunvale, great zone for the solo farmer, kept on toes by the roaming faries.... nasty blighters. Just wish the zone was a little more densely populated.

Thanks again all for the replies.

Thread Footer