Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    However, this is an RPG centered around a level-up reward system. Levelling up a new character in this game provides challenges that only a new character, new level cap, or new level of difficulty can create for those of us who are lucky to have high-level characters.
    This is simply not true, isn't it? Theres almost no reward in leveling up. As game is right now, to get in lab and have it easy, you need 1) gear 2) buffs 3) good foods 4) potions.

You can get into lab on lvl 1 - 60-70 true, but you won't be able to kill 2-3 mobs without a proper set of gear and that is at least purple-yellow of lvl 60 (not enchanced) and it won't be very easy. Now easy is probably a set of max enchanced augmented lvl 70 yellow gear. Go grind for that first, lol. Not to mention the meditation/calligraphy/whatever to be more effective. I want to repeat myself, simple lvl-ups providing a player character with enough power to feel good in lab is simply not true as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    It is easier for me to survive in lab. It is harder for newer players. The game mechanics are built, across the entire genre, to be like this.
    Yes, for you, no doubt. How much time do you have "invested" in this game (/age)? What is your gear/skills? Don't tell me you're using lvl 50 red set of gear, lol.

The game mechanics is simple, grind, grind, grind while lvling up so that you can buy all the abilities and craft a good set of gear. Plus grind some more to add an extra mod and reroll it.

Sure, after playing this game for a year you can feel that the first level of lab is easy to solo. The dungeons in this game are designed to go in with a large group, not to solo. Even then, sometimes, monsters respawn too fast for your group to handle if the group is not maxed out. (without burying).

Problem is, when a newbie comes into a game and sees characters like say, Aws, Monger, etc, he thinks, wow, I'll be that powerful soon, but nope. Lvlups are almost useless.

On the topic of cold, it's just the same stuff. Meditate for cold resist, get universal mitigation (bc) and craft a set of good winter gear to be able not to freeze and to fight in winter locations. It's all not that fast and easy in terms of time, so not really efficient, because you can go ilmari/rahu and other non-winter higher lvl locations, that will be added to the game in time and farm there. So, what's the point to waste your time on winter gear and other stuff? You can get to NPC's to unlock caps without any of that.

Right now, it seems like it makes sense because Gazluk is the high-end zone for now, but it won't be the high-end when the game is complete. So another "skip it" location in the future, just like the majority skips farming in Kur outdoors today.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 01-31-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only problem with Kur and Gazluk is that Eric said the problems were supposed to be more negligible to higher level players. Right now, being higher level doesn't mean anything, you still freeze to death at the same rate. And yes, you can make fancy winter armor, but a) that would probably actually weaken you, and b) srsly? You are forcing us to find room in our inv for a whole other set of gear? Not only that, but it can't store as much as my pocket gear. My suggestion was to make each point of damage reduction from armor reduce the heat loss chance by 1%. This would mean that cold resistance gear is still probably better than normal gear (because cold reduction reduces heat loss chance by like 3%), but it would mean that a player with lvl 70 gear would last far longer in Kur than a player with lvl 40 gear.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksin125 View Post
    You are forcing us to find room in our inv for a whole other set of gear?
    I haven't gotten to Gazluk, and not spent all that much time in Kur, but why do you need a whole other set of gear in your inventory ? I mean if you are farming in Kur, yeah you want the cold mitigation, but if you are just going to the outpost or Tower or whatever, you don't really need it (a single resistance potion or a campfire would be enough and that only for an emergency). So keep your winter clothes in storage until you go to farm. Also can you not put pockets on winter gear with "add pockets to leather armor"?

Obviously i'm a total noob, so my comments may be way off, but i thought i'd throw my 2 cents in anyways

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Higher level in this game is supposed to reach to 100 and Kur is just 40 of 60 right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    I haven't gotten to Gazluk, and not spent all that much time in Kur, but why do you need a whole other set of gear in your inventory ? I mean if you are farming in Kur, yeah you want the cold mitigation, but if you are just going to the outpost or Tower or whatever, you don't really need it (a single resistance potion or a campfire would be enough and that only for an emergency). So keep your winter clothes in storage until you go to farm. Also can you not put pockets on winter gear with "add pockets to leather armor"?

Obviously i'm a total noob, so my comments may be way off, but i thought i'd throw my 2 cents in anyways
    I agree you don't technically need to carry the gear in your bags, but it can be quite inconvenient to go to storage in Kur and then farm in an entirely different part of the map. It's much easier just to click on gear in bags.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are my thoughts on the cold mechanics in general and on Kur. I haven't visited Gazluk. I'd like more items useful for surviving cold weather made available outside of Kur so players can prepare for cold weather before entering the zone.

The cold mechanics I think are generally "fine" in Kur. With even a partial set of winter clothes Kur is pretty tolerable. I'm not sure what it was like before the full set of Winter armor as I stopped going into Kur after the transition from food to warmth (I went on to Rahu). I've returned since the full set of Winter gear was created.

I like that fixed fires now last for hours (and can be filled with weeks worth of wood). Thanks to all the kind folks who loaded up the firepits. The blankets are also nice but they're a one-shot item, not a sustainable source of warmth.

What I think needs improvement is that new players entering Kur don't have access to most of the tools they'll need to overcome the cold without going deep into the zone. Before entering Kur your options are: cold resistance potion, and portable campfire. If you're lucky you can ask a crafter to make you some Winter armor.

Right now, Kur is a Catch-22. You need the things only found deep in Kur to survive getting deep into Kur.

* Fire magic's cold resistance spell is ... in the Kur village.
    * Recipes for crafted winter gear are ... in the Kur village.
    * The vendor of generic winter gear is ... in the Kur village.
    * The trainers for enchanting gear with potentially useful mods are ... in the Kur village (or around it or through it).
    * The cold resistance potion alchemy recipe is hidden in a small mini-dungeon that's easy to overlook, although at least it's not in Kur.
    * The NPC who sells the unlock for the 50-60 Endurance upgrade is even deeper into Kur than the village.

It makes sense to have advanced options unlocked inside the zone (a set of goals for accomplishments), but I think there should be more available to players outside of Kur than just the campfire and potion.

I'd like to see a vendor outside Kur that sells things people need inside Kur (maybe in Hogan's Keep?): generic Winter gear (or at least coat and pants), the alchemy potion recipe for cold resistance (it still rewards exploration to find the book), maybe some green gear with useful skill mods.
    There are some skill effects that are supposed to help, but my inexpert testing shows they don't do much. Flesh to Fuel or Flesh to Fire (or whatever it's called) is one. I tried it using level 45 fire magic skills and level 40 fire magic armor. It gave back 1 unit of heat per use. That's not worth the power spent on it. Something similar happened with Fire Breath and it's even more fiddly because you have to be targeting an enemy to use it.

Perhaps these skills need mods to make them better, but I only have the mods I randomly rolled on my gear. I don't yet have the skills/resources/knowledge to roll perfect gear. I'm having fun working on it, but I can't use resources I don't yet have.

I would say as feedback that skills shouldn't be (close to) useless without mods. Skills should be functional without mods. Not perfect. Just functional.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emergency fires aren't found in Kur. Neither is the Cold Resistance potion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Emergency fires aren't found in Kur. Neither is the Cold Resistance potion.
    This is why I explicitly noted those two items were available before you enter Kur.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post
    This is why I explicitly noted those two items were available before you enter Kur.
    But that's what makes it a challenge! Why would anyone keep any of the other items outside of Kur?
    That those two items - the ones that make it basically possible to survive in Kur - are outside means it's not a catch-22.

Thread Footer