Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Item randomization

Hi, just wanting to post a suggestion about items. Currently, most gear and weapons are similar at every level : you need to find or craft a yellow item with the right number of mods, then using transmute, we can all have the same items. Then, it's done, no more incentive to find a new one. It is quite hard to make a "unique" set. AC did it quite well in that field as you were always looking for that uber rare random item.
    I think the game could make it similar in some ways using innate mods (the white ones). Currently, each type of gear/weapon has exactly the same mods. Would it be possible to add a random element in it, like for instance :
    - 95% of the time : normal mods
    - 5% of the time : random adjustments (lower or higher version) aka a 15% damage sword could be a 14% or 16%.

Doing this for every white mod on the item would make lots of reason to hunt again for the "perfect" item.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hunt is kinda hard enough already x-x

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely would like to see a larger variety of white text buffs on items and more items with unique white text buffs. I also made a suggestion in game for unique items that have static unique buffs on them that create unique builds for classes by altering abilities in a special way or have a unique buff like "all party members deal +25 damage." but these unique items would be super rare world drops and players could rip the enchants off them to buff their own crafted or dropped items. It would add a ton to the item hunt in this game.
    Last edited by Aionlasting; 05-15-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's easy when you craft and get golds, RNG wrath or recurring bug we'll never know......currently 0/98 for yellow amazing evasion leggings, 0/57 for yellow amazing evasion shirt, 0/18 for yellow amazing evasion boots. I do like your ideas pretty cool but the thought of doing even more on top of trying to even get a suit right now is scary, in a good way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i gotta say while i agree with you that it's rather stale right now with everyone being the same i wouldn't like randomization of the base mods on items.. however i would like more sets. which would in turn dilute the loot tables and make farming specific sets with base mods harder as well so will fix (i think) your issue.

which i think this will come in time. GK has seven sets, each set has different types of base mods and even pieces in each set has different so can mix/match the sets for your full build so while you may farm a LOT of chest pieces getting that specific one you want to drop yellow could be a very long process.

so i think thats starting to be on the right track there. just hope it continues into the later levels/zones and i hope the different sets start to look more visually different not simply a secondary color change...

Thread Footer