Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been leveling animal handling with archery for the hell of it because I'm bored and this is one skill I will not use because of the abysmal drop rate on anchor runes. Its just not worth it to me. I also think the anchor runes are consumed when you use the ability once which means you'd literally need to farm hundreds of hours for a decent stack size to make it worth using on any given foray.

This ability and these drop rates need to be re-visited in my opinion. I'm surprised as to how rare the drop is. Its almost like hunting for magic sand or explosive rune stones or enchanted mistletoes but instead of unlocking new abilities permanently upon usage, with anchor runes you use an ability one time in one instance of combat and consume that stone forever never to be of use again.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    do any of the abilites that use a consumable see large use? I don't think it's particular to animal handling. Teleportation, fish gut, stake the heart. There are many "special use case" skills like this, right? I'm not that familirar with the particular skill, is it really that core to AH?
    Stake the Heart and possibly Fish Gut can be situationally useful if you are looking for a specific damage type. E.g. I spent quite a bit of time in the Animal Nexus as cow/psych and carried a stack of wood for Stake the Heart, so that I could kill those pesky portals that I could otherwise not damage at all. Stake the Heart is a bit easier to use though since wood is relatively easy to get. I might have used Fish Gut once or twice in the entire time I've spent playing, but I'm too attached to my fish scales to really make heavy use of it. Same with the special teleportation skills.

I don't think I've ever used unnatural wrath with ah - carrying a consumable and having my pet take more damage just didn't sound appealing to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try out the ability coupled with monstrous rage and proper modifiers then tell me unnatural wrath isn't appealing. What isn't appealing is the terrible drop rates tied to a consumable item that are dropped by low level mobs or a boss that respawns every 60-90 minutes.

Thread Footer