This was mentioned and it made me think about the various places I run to in the game. Serbule is currently the main hub, mainly because new folk have easy access. It also has good storage, a bank, and a large garden area. Clickable water source with small run. And lots of npc and player vendors. To move more folks away, there needs to be some reason to switch.

Ilmari lacks a lot. I like it for gardening because it has lack of lag, and a very close clickable water source. Only one storage area is Selaxi and only ingredients for food. No bank. Forge, cooking fire. Suggestions: Storage for anything on the Urzab and Kelim and add a tanning rack. This would make it much more usable for doing tradeskills.

Rahu City: has nearly everything but is at the end of the world. A well right at the garden area would make it much more useable for gardening.

Kur Outpost: Actually a fine place, it's just out of the way and cold. But it has great storage, decent vendors and tradeskill options.

Player vendors would enhance all three of these hubs. Right now it's only Serbule. Players would see less traffic in these places, but you could set rent to be less. If Rahu was 2/3 of Serbule costs and Kur/Ilmari were 1/3, you'd see players using vendors in those spots instead of Serbule.

Just ideas based off some things mentioned in the dev blog.