Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like your argument boils down to I did not have to I chose too, I got that luxury, but you...you dont get that luxury, you get forced into it.

Your analogy to combat skills is perfect so tell me what combat skill allows you to skip Skill 2 and go from 1 to 3?

If you need to learn all of the lower skills to learn the higher then why is it not uniform? Further why is it with Carpentry only applied to the "weapons" and not the other tiered items?

You could also make a case that what does max enchanted 50 gear have to do with max enchanted 60 gear or 70 gear? the wood is different so is the "skill" required, its not even like blacksmithing or toolcrafting where you can make A and then use A as part of the items needed to make B.

Why Carpentry and Fairy Spring Armor alone? if you are confident in this line of logic then it should be applied to all crafting skills otherwise your indecisiveness is actually a logical argument against having it at all.

As it stands I do not think it makes logical sense for these few skills to be singled out, either all or nothing, but hey I base my arguments in logic.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I get distracted again: The main point I was trying to get around to is that, imo, making a bug report to bring it to the devs' attention and moving on is probably the simplest thing all around.

Ok, shinies, distractions, opinions, speculations:
    I'd guess that carpentry weapons and spring fairy armor were added at different times from the other crafted items (later?), and that at that time having lower-level prerequisites seemed like a good idea to Citan. I don't think the current discrepancies are intentional design, just stuff getting added at different times and design stages.

All combat skills that learned abilities from scrolls used to allow you to learn those abilities out of order since the scrolls didn't check whether you'd learned the lower level ability first. I had several sword abilities out of sync that way, which was actually a bit of a nuisance in the old UI since it would display skills in the order of "most recently learned first" not "highest level first". That was a bug, it got patched. Similarly, I think the crafting inconsistencies are likely to be a bug that will get patched eventually.

If we are going to debate whether crafting skills should require you to learn lower tier recipes first, I'm slightly in favor but won't be heart-broken if they don't. I would actually agree with you there that having some consistency in whether they do or not would be good, but I can live with them being randomly weird, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand that logic however I cant find any information to support the piecemeal theory. As far as I am able to tell from dev blogs and patch notes that I can find Rahu was put in place in one lump patch, expansion style, or am I just missing and not finding that information?

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The intent is that you must learn the earlier levels of anything numbered (Ability #5 requires knowing Ability #4 ), and similarly for any recipes with clear level steps ("Decent" is a prerequisite for "Nice" recipes). When you find a case where that doesn't happen, it's just a data bug, please report it in game!

(And yes, we've gone back and forth on the pros and cons of this during development, which is where lots of the data problems came from: different iterations of ideas. There are some quality-of-life benefits to letting you learn recipes out of order, but ultimately I decided that the negatives far outweigh the positives. For a long time I was trying to find a way to hybridize it: to let you learn the low-level recipes out of order, but then start having requirements at 50 or 60. That change is too abrupt and unintuitive, though, as this thread shows! So now all recipes should have their earlier versions as a prerequisite.)

Thread Footer