Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread: Nerf Archery
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nerf Archery

Archery damage should be readjusted I think it is a little bit OP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless they decide to care about pvp at some point, which they really need to, there is little point to nerfing or calling anything OP. It is almost as bad as calling for nerfs in a single player game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should they start caring about PvP? It's barely even in the game and trying to do anything with it at this point would take up so much of their time that they'd get nothing else done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesnt have to be now, there is too much to still be done with pve. It is fine focusing on one then the other. But they are both cores of an MMO. PVE is only made better by having PVP, it stimulates an economy when done right.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Archery WAS nerfed several patches ago with +%damage mods being reduced, mostly for Mangled Shot. It's my opinion that you can make almost any combat skill OP with the right gear/mods, and many, more powerful than Archery.

PVP is probably never going to be a big part of this game.

Actually, PvP isn't going to be a big part of the game. That's mostly about development scope: trying to balance things for both PvP and PvE is a tremendous job that usually doesn't work too well, even for teams with multi-million-dollar budgets. Since this game is mostly about cooperation and PvE, we decided to skip PvP.

So our PvP will always be pretty rudimentary. We'll make do very basic balancing work on it eventually, but don't expect elaborate events or rewards.

I do think there are some interesting niche opportunities for indie PvP MMOs, though, and I hope that more indie teams focus on them! -Eric

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarik View Post
    It doesnt have to be now, there is too much to still be done with pve. It is fine focusing on one then the other. But they are both cores of an MMO. PVE is only made better by having PVP, it stimulates an economy when done right.
    It's really not a core of MMO. Some have it, many have not. I am very happy to not see it, and glad that the time they could spend on it will go to PVE.
    Last edited by Mikhaila; 04-25-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is most definitely a core. Just because you dont like it does not devalue it's place. I have never played a mmo without it, and it would only be a dead mmo without both halves. PVE isnt going to make this game last. If you have an entire community of PVE you have no market for an economy to thrive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarik View Post
    It is most definitely a core. Just because you dont like it does not devalue it's place. I have never played a mmo without it, and it would only be a dead mmo without both halves. PVE isnt going to make this game last. If you have an entire community of PVE you have no market for an economy to thrive.
    I played EQ, EQ2, Rift, and WoW, on non-PvP servers. They were fine and they lasted. I played Vanguard on a non-PvP server, and it was fine (but didn't last, for other reasons). So I don't see PvP as being "core" to an MMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the pvp discussion; I'm quite contempt with just a PvP arena - that alone should be enough, if your goal is to PvP people that don't want to participate in PvP you are a scrub.

Back to the topic, archer is quite expensive early and is overtaken by other skills at 70. To me the only part of what makes archery OP is kiting(and I do think it could use a nerf in that regard - ie place a runspeed debuff while attacking) which lets you kill mobs that would normally kill you in a few hits so you wouldn't be able to kill them with any melee skills. At higher levels this seems to be less relevent/harder to do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Other skills may get stroger. Archery has lot of critical buffs, but I think some more combat skill may get a support skills.

Thread Footer