Quote Originally Posted by Rhawkas View Post
It looks to me (based on what Azarik has said in this thread and the one about nerfing archery) that Project: Gorgon simply isn't the game he's looking for, so he wants the developers to change it to be that game. The "economy problem" just comes off sounding like an excuse because he keeps coming back to PvP.
I just expect upfront advertising. Because as it stands PG is no more an MMORPG than Monster Hunter.

PVP or not the economy is lacking, that is a fact. When the entire market is just selling base materials that is a failure. A real economy would revolve around selling the items you actually make from the materials. As I have said before you aren't going to sell swords to a town full of blacksmiths, or arrows to a bunch of fletchers. The game being mostly PVE means it is half killing mobs half crafting. Unless you some how get off on doing nothing but killing mobs all day long you'll end up crafting at some point. And if you're an archer would you spend time crafting swords you don't need or arrows that you do?

As it stands I kill all my own mobs, I craft my own gear, I do everything myself. I could play offline, hypothetically, and my experience wouldn't change overall. Maybe get a little better being less crowded but that is of no consequence. That makes the game an RPG, not really an MMORPG.

Having given it more thought I have a PVE solution that would achieve the same goal. SWTOR has a crafting system where you can't be everything. I honestly forgot about it because I really only played it for the story. But this is an overall problem for PG. You can train every single skill no problem. It might take awhile to max them all but you can. If you were limited to a certain number of skills you wouldn't be able to do everything and then you would have to rely on others even in PVE, especially if crafting is done properly where the top tier items are player crafted.

For example if you could only have 3 trade skills you could craft your own arrows, potions, and food. Meaning you would have to trade with other people for your armor and such. If you got friends one could do potions another food and trade each other like that. This solves the core of my problem without PVP. Because I just want to sell actual items, not materials.