Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Racial benefits for current Races

I've read a few places on forums that talk about the upcoming races (Fae, Orc and Dwarf) will have natural racial benefits. I read somewhere that fairies will have flight. To me that sounds like a pretty major benefit. Is it possible to add racial benefits like these to the current 3 races (Elf, Human and the one with the tail - I'm embarrassed that I've forgotten the name)?

As an elf I wouldn't mind something like Psionics. For you old school Paper & Pen AD&D players, you now what I'm talking about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A classic tie-in but I don't recall elves having a natural affinity to psionics. They were more magically inclined with tendencies to ranger/rogue skills due to dex bonuses.
    That's MrWhiskers to you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My understanding is that the three "basic" races are intended to have less pronounced benefits along with less debilitating drawbacks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't saying Elves should have Psionics based on lore. I was just being selfish....haha. I wouldn't say they have less benefits..they actually have none. If the only benefit to being an Elf is i get to wear a navel ring..... Debilitating drawbacks is a new concept to me. What kind of drawbacks have been discussed?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritfingers View Post
    I wouldn't say they have less benefits..they actually have none. If the only benefit to being an Elf is i get to wear a navel ring..... Debilitating drawbacks is a new concept to me. What kind of drawbacks have been discussed?
    I've never played an Elf but at the very least they can get combat xp boosts from Cleanliness Displays (Flower Arrangement).

Racial drawbacks reference: http://projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/...-info-round-up

The advanced races also have more pronounced racial features, and their racial features are already “leveled up” as soon as you start playing. For instance, fairies have the racial attribute of flight -- which is pretty great! -- but there are some pretty big downsides as well. (Things we can’t reveal yet!) You can't opt out of the stranger racial traits; being a fairy is a package deal.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    My understanding is that the three "basic" races are intended to have less pronounced benefits along with less debilitating drawbacks.
    Right, and if I remember correctly, Dwarves will be good at crafting. No official word (I don't believe) on what orcs will be good at, but it stands to reason it could be combat.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Right, and if I remember correctly, Dwarves will be good at crafting. No official word (I don't believe) on what orcs will be good at, but it stands to reason it could be combat.
    The most obvious perk orcs will likely have is high level of cold tolerance.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All current races have benefit when certain condition is met:
    - Humans need to saty with otehr humans
    - Elves need to saty clean
    - Raksasha need ot awoid killinf sentinent creatures.

When correspondign stats is high (community, cleaness, righteusness) you get bonus combat exp (its very minor, liek 1% i think). When it is low you get penatly (the same as bonus, it -1%). In the future you will be able to "level up" this traits for better bonuses, but at the same time stronger penatlies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    All current races have benefit when certain condition is met:
    - Humans need to saty with otehr humans
    - Elves need to saty clean
    - Raksasha need ot awoid killinf sentinent creatures.

When correspondign stats is high (community, cleaness, righteusness) you get bonus combat exp (its very minor, liek 1% i think). When it is low you get penatly (the same as bonus, it -1%). In the future you will be able to "level up" this traits for better bonuses, but at the same time stronger penatlies.
    Now this makes a difference. If I can level up to get higher than 1% combat bonus, it would be worth something. I'm scared to think of all the drawbacks on being an Orc, Dwarf or Fae. Eric has been very creative in this type of thing.

Thread Footer