Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guild Management

Currently setting up guild stuff is a bit of a mess of going through menus, not knowing where everything is located etc. Editing all the guild ranks is a bit of a hassle and you can't cleanly see what ranks have what permissions without again going through menu hell.

Here are examples from another game I like, it uses checkboxes so you can quickly edit everything for every rank, much faster/easier and everyone in the guild can clearly see it all. Adding a tab for guild quests which shows the active quest and when you completed each one would also be great.
    https://imgur.com/a/ysVAvwZ
    https://imgur.com/a/H3VG7eU

One of these games also had guild advertisements which I thought was pretty neat, so to translate to project gorgon say you go to the guild notice board and clicked on it you'd see a list of guilds that have posted an advertisement and the name of guild leader/officers so you know who to message, how many people are in the guild and a briedf description they wrote. As a newbie on that game I found that system a lot better for finding a guild over spamming "any guild??? am newb" on global chat
    Last edited by Quanzhigao; 04-21-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some more feedback on guilds:

# of member cap is locked behind having to do a LOT of guild quests. All of these quests are quite mundane(I can solo basically all of them) and you are limited to 3 a week, which basically means guild expansion is locked behind real world time more than anything. I feel like guild quests themselves should have a week cooldown and guilds that are able to complete more than 3 in a week should just be able to do so. Either that or add more difficult quests that give a lot more guild exp(and maybe credits, if credits are to be limited cap THOSE at 3 quests/week, but allow guilds to complete more for exp) - or alternatively just increase the member cap for new guilds, 150 seems low

If you've ever been invited to a guild and joined only to find it is DED you will know bigger guilds is a good thing. Casual players benefit greatly from being in an active guild but usually do not meet the requirements of joining an active guild.
    Last edited by Quanzhigao; 05-01-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanzhigao View Post
    150 seems low
    Just to put things in perspective: that's a 1/10th of the expected entire server active population. Also, there must be an incentive for people to do these quests. And you can probably also expect more guild quests in the future (just my opinion).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    Just to put things in perspective: that's a 1/10th of the expected entire server active population.
    I'm not sure if this is meant to mean "150 isnt low" - Currently my guild with 150 members makes up 1/31 of the online count and this is probably the time we make up the highest %.

I joined on steam release and made my guild awhile after and ran into the cap pretty fast with 0 out of game guild recruitment. It would be an even bigger issue if a guild of players joined project gorgon together.

Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    And you can probably also expect more guild quests in the future
    I'm patient and am hopeful for some extra stuff along with the guild housing that is in the works, figured I'd get my feedback in then. Might as well give the feedback about Menu Hell before they go and add a bunch more options for you to sift through right?
    Last edited by Quanzhigao; 04-27-2018 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No out of game recruitment, but lots of ingame recruitment, during the time with a huge influx of new players all shouting "can i join a guild?" and all someone has to do is say "can i join". Most guilds are like that. Is there a reason a guild needs larger numbers of random people?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaila View Post
    Is there a reason a guild needs larger numbers of random people?
    Only me and 1 other person in my guild recruit, I have only on a few occasions publicly recruited in world chat with almost everyone being people who have asked to join after I've partied with them, at which point I would consider them friends and not random people. I have had people that are in the army and may leave for weeks, or people that simply don't play much ask to join - If you tell them no then those players are missing out on a great social aspect(guilds > friends list) and actual benefits like access to guild storage. If you let them in then you hit the cap very fast and now log in to 3 people online. I don't want such people to miss out on the greatness that is being in the same guild as me.

Currently the eventual guild cap is 350, I am sure that anyone that suggests lowering that number would be absolutely trashed on and called a dip. It currently takes months to raise the guild cap, and I am unsure how much harder leveling the guild gets but it currently takes 2 weeks to go from level 0 to level 2, I have heard it will take like 6-7 weeks(of mundane get me 500 apples and 600 pick me up juices) to go from level 12 to 13 where you get the final member cap increase.

If there was some form of guild versus guild or if the guild quests rewarded Actually Good Item then I could understand a lower cap but as is it seems to arbitrarily be 150.
    Last edited by Quanzhigao; 04-30-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see how anyone is missing out on anything if you don't invite them or have space. There are after all many other guilds than just yours They'll find another guild.

Raising the guild cap won't solve your problem. If you have 150 in guild and only 3 people online, then doubling it to 300 just means you'll have 6 online. A better fix would be to focus on recruiting people that play more, play in the same time zone, and have been online more consistantly. Drop people out that aren't playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see an issue with raising the guild cap at all, even with dropping inactive players it would be nice to be able to still recruit. As it stands there's just a waiting period based on finishing guild quests - which already "reward" you with guild credits, so I'm not sure they need be be tied to the additional requirement of guild size. Ideally a healthy MMO has huge guilds and smaller guilds, everyone is looking for their own play experience.

I have to agree with Quan here, I'd like to see the guild size increased perhaps so recruitment remains fun and dynamic and doesn't keep running into the wall of, "Oh well I guess we need to do more guild quests in order to be able to invite any more members." That's not fun, especially if you're inviting friends to play the game with you and can't absorb them into your preferred guild due to member limits.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Increasing guild size doesn't make it "fun and dynamic" it just means there are no consequences to grabbing every single player who says "new, need guild".

And turn it around: Guild quests are a great way for everyone in a guild to feel they contribute and take part, and increase the guild's size. Like many other things in PG, guild size is locked behind something and you unlock it by getting out and playing the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mikhaila, you are free to make another thread suggesting to lower the guild cap size from 350 to 150.

If you would like to present an argument for why we should wait 6 months before being able to invite many more people to the guild that would be nice as well, I also offered a different suggestion of allowing guilds to plow through as many quests as they are capable of - It quite literally takes ONE or maybe 2 members to collect the materials required. I do not think my guild giving me 200 strange dirt towards a guild quest is a great way for them to contribute and take part.

It is not fun. It is timely for the sake of being timely. You cannot put in more effort to work towards it faster, a guild of 150 people that play 12 hours a day will level as the same speed that a guild which consists of literally just my alt.

I do not want to only recruit the people that play 10 hours a day just so I can have a guild that has enough online to form parties and be active. I feel bad for those people that cannot join a great guild because if they do the guild will become less great.
    Last edited by Quanzhigao; 04-30-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Thread Footer