This thread is under construction but will feature general troubleshooting for in-game technical issues. Be sure to always use the launcher when playing Project: Gorgon. If you are having trouble receiving activation emails, please be sure to check your spam folder. You may need to whitelist projectgorgon.com in order to ensure proper delivery.

Returning Members: If you've been gone for a long time, ensure that you are using the latest launcher. It can be downloaded from the homepage.

As a first step, please validate your game files. To validate your game files, open the Project: Gorgon Launcher and then click "Options" then "Validate Installation". This will ensure that there are not any missing and/or corrupt game files.

As a second step, uninstall Project: Gorgon. Then create a second Windows account and then log in to it. Then download and install Project: Gorgon. If the problem persists, then move on to additional troubleshooting steps using your main Windows account.

Project: Gorgon General Troubleshooting – Installation Issues, Crashes, Freezes, Poor Performance

Note: if you have less than 6GB of RAM, please ensure that you are running Project: Gorgon without any other programs running. That includes Chrome and other Internet Browsers.

Question: I am having crashing, freezing, or installation issues while attempting to play Project Gorgon on PC. What are the common troubleshooting steps I can take to resolve these issues as quickly as possible?

Answer: To troubleshoot general Project: Gorgon PC issues, try the steps below:

• First and foremost, make sure that you've restarted your computer then be sure to launch the game using the launcher in order to ensure that you have the latest release. It will automatically update once the launcher is opened. Patches, in addition to updating content, address many issues reported by players. Please be sure to report any problems using the in-game report feature! Completely removing Project Gorgon from your computer and then re-downloading and installing may fix the issue that you are experiencing. If trying this step, be sure to temporarily disable your anti-virus and/or firewall software before downloading and throughout installation.
  • Be sure to make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Please visit your manufacturers website and download the latest drivers available. Additionally, it's advisable to update all component drivers as having an out of date driver could cause issues with Project Gorgon.
  • Anti-Virus software can interfere and cause a wide array of technical issues. Try adding Project Gorgon to the approved anti-virus program list (if applicable). If the problem persists, or your anti-virus software doesn't have an approved program list, try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software in order to play Project Gorgon.
  • Firewall software can also interfere and cause a wide array of technical issues. Try adding Project Gorgon to the approved firewall program list (if applicable). If the problem persists, or your firewall software doesn't have an approved program list, try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software in order to play Project Gorgon.

Question: When I try to login to a character, the game freezes or does not load properly. I am able to load into another character on the same account. What can I do?

Answer: Try the following command on a different character on the same account: /unstickchar NAME. That will move your other character to a new area and you should then be able to login without issues.

Question: When I try to install Project: Gorgon, I receive the following error: "IsolatedStorageException". What can I do to fix it?

Answer: Please try the following.

• In the file explorer, find the ProjectGorgonLauncherWin program, RIGHT-click it, and choose "Create shortcut" from the menu that appears.
  • Now you will see a new icon called "ProjectGorgonLauncherWin - Shortcut". RIGHT-click that icon, and choose "Properties"
  • Now you're looking at the options for this shortcut. The line "Target:" is the important one. Click at the end of that line, add a space, and then add "-reset" (without quotes). As an example, I have the launcher in a directory called C:\gorgon-live, so my Target line looks like this:
    Code:
    C:\gorgon-live\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin.exe -reset
  • Press OK
  • Now double-click the "ProjectGorgonLauncherWin - Shortcut" icon to run it. It should ask you again where you want to download the files to. Let it use the default directory it lists there.

(Note: Once complete, you can just delete that shortcut icon ("ProjectGorgonLauncherWin - Shortcut") and use the regular icon to start the program in the future.)

Question: I am having crashing, freezing, or installation issues while attempting to play Project Gorgon on PC. What are the common troubleshooting steps I can take to resolve these issues as quickly as possible?

Answer: To troubleshoot general Project: Gorgon PC issues, try the steps below:

1. First and foremost, make sure that you've restarted your computer then be sure to launch the game using the launcher in order to ensure that you have the latest release. It will automatically update once the launcher is opened. Patches, in addition to updating content, address many issues reported by players. Please be sure to report any problems using the in-game report feature! Completely removing Project Gorgon from your computer and then re-downloading and installing may fix the issue that you are experiencing. If trying this step, be sure to temporarily disable your anti-virus and/or firewall software before downloading and throughout installation.
  2. Be sure to make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Please visit your manufacturers website and download the latest drivers available. Additionally, it's advisable to update all component drivers as having an out of date driver could cause issues with Project Gorgon.
  3. Anti-Virus software can interfere and cause a wide array of technical issues. Try adding Project Gorgon to the approved anti-virus program list (if applicable). If the problem persists, or your anti-virus software doesn't have an approved program list, try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software in order to play Project Gorgon.
  4. Firewall software can also interfere and cause a wide array of technical issues. Try adding Project Gorgon to the approved firewall program list (if applicable). If the problem persists, or your firewall software doesn't have an approved program list, try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software in order to play Project Gorgon.

Once you've tried the above, you can open the launcher and click "Options" then "Validate Installation". This will ensure that your files are not corrupt and/or missing.

Question: I am having an issue related to in-game resolution, how can I fix it prior to entering the game?

Answer: Please do the following.

1. Run the launcher.
  2. Before you hit the Play Project: Gorgon button, hold down the Alt key.
  3. Keep holding down the Alt key while the client starts! This is important! Don't let go prematurely!
  4. Hold down the Alt key until a plain grey dialog appears. It allows you to set very basic graphics options.
  5. Set the Screen Resolution to 1024x768, then hit Play.

You can also experiment with other changes. You can try setting the Graphics Quality to Fastest and uncheck windowed mode. If you start in windowed mode, you can use Alt-Enter to switch it once you've entered the game.

Launcher & Game Crashes

• You should always run Project: Gorgon by running the launcher. For the Windows version, the name of the launcher is “ProjectGorgonLauncherWin.exe” and the MAC version is “ProjectGorgonLauncherMac.app”. The launcher checks for changes and updates the game files when available.
  • If the launcher itself crashes, that is - you experience a crash prior to entering the game, the launcher will create a file called “output_log.txt” in the same location as the launcher. Please email that file to support@projectgorgon.com.
  • If the game crashes, that is - you actually were able to load the game, the game will create a file called “output_log.txt”. The game crash log has the same name as the launcher crash log but it is located in a different location. It is critical that you provide the right log. The log file is located in the following location “C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ProjectGorgon\Win dowsPlayer”. Compress all log files as a zip file and send them to support@projectgorgon.com.
  • MAC OS Users should be able to locate the log at /Users/username/Library/Logs/Unity/. It may be named player.log instead of the above-referenced title.
  • Linux OS Users should be able to locate the log at /home/[USER]/.config/unity3d/Elder Game/Project Gorgon/. It may be named player.log instead of the above-referenced title. Please note: Linux is currently not officially supported but will be in the future.

Project: Gorgon Network Troubleshooting – Lag, No Icons, Etc.

Network Optimization
General Notes: A poor internet connection can cause significant difficulties while attempting to play Project Gorgon. This includes lag, a red x where the icon should be, delayed chat, monsters acting erratically, etc. If you are experiencing any of these issues please try the suggestions below.

General Optimization Suggestions:
  1. If you are experiencing any of the above-mentioned problems, try unplugging your modem and router for at least 1 minute. Reconnect your modem first and allow it to fully come online, then reconnect your router.
  2. If you are using wireless internet, change to a wired connection if possible.
  3. Ensure that your network card driver is up to date.
  4. Check your internet connection by running multiple speed tests at speedtest.net. If your connection is slower than advertised, you may have a connection issue.

Router Firmware Upgrade:
It’s critical that your router is running the latest firmware, as out of date firmware can cause severe performance issues that significantly limit your connectivity.

Tags: #Support #Troubleshooting #Crash #Crashing #Graphics #Resolution #FPS #Logs #CrashLogs #Stuck #UnStick #UnStuck