Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auxiliary combat slot

I have an idea that I've been thinking about for a bit. What if there were 1-2 ability slots outside of the main bars that would house abilities from inactive combat skills? One of them could be unlocked when level 70 is reached in any combat skill, and a 2nd could be unlocked when another combat skill hits 70. The purpose would be to add more variety to skill combinations and combat, and supplement some skills in areas that they're lacking. A power-hungry skill like Fire Magic could make use of one of Druid's power restores, or a skill without access to stuns or knockbacks could use Shield's. Skillsets with no specific main-hand or off-hand option like Sword/Psychology, for example, could wield a shield or flask in the off-hand and make use of one of those abilities.

There would be a few limitations:

- Only abilities from level 70+ skills can be placed in the slots
    - Abilities from your active combat skills cannot be placed in the slots
    - Equipment/form restrictions still apply
    - Cooldown/power cost of the abilities in the slots could be doubled/tripled. The idea behind this would be to prevent those abilities from completely counteracting any given skill's limitations

Tell me what you think

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -"Only abilities from level 70+ skills can be placed in the slots." I like it but only if you have those abilities learned, meaning if you only level lets say sword and archery to 70 why should you have access to other lv 70 abilities from other than those 2 skills, unfair advantage compare to someone who's got 3 or 5 or 10 combat skills to 70.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, sorry, let me clarify:

In this scenario, this person with level 70 in both Sword and Archery also has level 70 in Psychology and Necromancy (and is wielding a piece of equipment with a necromancy gem). They would be able to allocate any Psychology or Necromancy ability they've obtained to one of the slots. However, if their level in Mentalism is only around 40 or so, none of their Mentalism abilities could be placed in the slots. They would have to level Mentalism all the way to 70 before they would be able to use them.

You are right, part of the intent is to allow people who put in the effort of training multiple combat skills to actively benefit from that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an interesting idea, and I'm sure everyone would love it. It would fix problems many people have with power/healing, add in more combos, up dps.

Of course, that means we also just upped the power of most level 70 players, making current content much easier and taking away some balance in the game.

To keep things at the same level, what about adding a negative modifier to offset the versatility? A 1-5% drop in dps? Less inventory slots?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    while i think it's an interesting idea i don't really like the idea, i personally feel the game needs more need for people to build for roles and i feel this will make the need for roles even less.

Thread Footer