Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: April 15, 2018

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...-April-15-2018

Discussion in this thread! (But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system as well.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last two patches have dramatically improved my experience in Serbule proper itself. I noticed an improvement after the patch last night as well. That could be because not that many people were on. We'll see how the week goes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the last patch allowed me to navigate in Serbule properly with very little problems.
    very little problems (lag - shattering) only when there are lots of players gathered (like near the Serbule well).

also for the first time I was able to navigate in the market area (vendors) without any problem.

thank you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our famous animal towers has come to an end

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started playing again since a minimal test in the Alpha. Absolutely love what has been done with the game so far! The GUI has added so much from what I remember too! As a newer resident in Project: Gorgon, it is inspiring to come in to a game and quickly see these updates after only a few days.

I'm running around in Serbule with minimal hiccups and issues currently. Although I set the Entity Animations to 0.5 and enabled Auto-Adjust Quality Level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was amazed by the INSTANTENOUS beginning of the game after the patch.
    did it start downloading the patch as soon as I started my computer?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for the Animal Handling changes. It looks like AH is working a lot better now, I think so far it's on the nail. It needs more testing to see exactly where it's at, especially the changes to the follow mode, that won't cause your animal to run back and attack.

A few problems remain:

a) Animals sometimes stop responding to commands, this may be if you order a sic'em and then change to follow mode (it's hard to reproduce) The animal will then just sit still forever and not do anything.
    b) I don't understand the range on sic'em it's says 20 meters. But it can work as far away as 60 meters, and sometimes not from 10 meters. The marked 20 meters is a bit short if one wants to use back-stab straight away, but perhaps that's by design.
    e) Slow or missing animals that are way behind or have stopped following.

EDIT..

Having thought about it the 20 meter range presumably is it how far your pet can be away from you to give a sic'em command, and not how far the enemy is from you, as regards sic'em. Back in the day I assumed it was enemy range, but perhaps they are not related at all.
    Last edited by Murk; 04-22-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another problem - I can't log in. I have been waiting for 5 minutes and just now got the beginning screen. It is 7:51 Central time on 4/22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same Ibn, hubby and I can't log in either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback on changes to panther grinding in Kur.

TLDR: Changes make the area even more attractive to higher level players (due to the potential loot drops from orcs), still returns a decent number of skins & is probably more difficult for 'at level' players.

I visited this area today for the first time since the recent changes (for about 15 minutes).

Still able to AOE farm substantial amounts of skins & drops (& was able to 2-shot kill everything - as expected, being in level 70 gear).
    Orcs seem to re-spawn more rapidly than panthers.

Maximum number of panthers pulled in 1'go' was 14. May have been RNG, but the more panthers I killed, the more orcs seemed to spawn.

Killed 29 orcs, 51 panthers and gained 5 orc pouches, 3 orc language spells + 84 skins (quality & nice) with 3 Trophy skins + 1 stomach.

From my point of view, the mixture of orcs and panthers makes the area even more attractive to farm (orc pouches always sell well).

Suspect, for 'at level' players, the combination would be difficult /lethal.

Thread Footer