Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merging Alpha Account with Steam

Hello all,

I played the alpha a while back and just came back to check out the game again. I purchased and downloaded the current version on Steam but upon first launch I wasn't thinking and clicked that I am a new player so I had to create a brand new character. I can't seem to figure out if there is a way to merge my alpha account with my Steam account at this point to get my old characters back. I tried deleting and re-installing the game but the only option I have is to log in with Steam. Is there a way to do this since I mistakenly chose that I am a new player on the first launch? Any help would be appreciated!

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If you send an email to support@projectgorgon.com with your alpha account info, we can decouple your Steam account from the new account you made, so you'll be prompted again to enter an alpha account name. Two caveats: it takes us a couple of days (on average -- lots of tickets right now), and the characters you've made on your new account will become inaccessible. We don't currently have a way to merge characters between accounts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    If you send an email to support@projectgorgon.com with your alpha account info, we can decouple your Steam account from the new account you made, so you'll be prompted again to enter an alpha account name. Two caveats: it takes us a couple of days (on average -- lots of tickets right now), and the characters you've made on your new account will become inaccessible. We don't currently have a way to merge characters between accounts.
    Citan,

That's awesome! Thank you so much. I'll send an email right now. I'm not too attached to my new character so I don't mind losing her in lieu of getting my old character back. I appreciate the response.

Thread Footer