Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the Ice mages!

Hey everyone, this is for anyone who is interested in becoming an ice mage. This is the damage done through single target with the ability Ice Spear.

Ability damage and Explanation

Due too many RNG based mods in Ice magic; some of the MEDIUM and HIGHEST damage done will have 2 different numbers. This is so you can see and estimate how much damage you could actually do. Now i have also listed some abilities information as green and red. Green will imply the ability can be kept up CONSISTENTLY and Red will mean INCONSISTENTLY

White is Lowest damage and is the damage done with just % modifiers that boost the skill.
    Green is Medium damage and is the damage done consistently with all modifiers except flesh to fuel.
    Red is Highest Damage and is the damage done with all modifiers and flesh to fuel.

Ice
    Ice Spear - (806)-(2951-6810)-(5925-8054) 8 second cooldown
    Ice Lightning - +150 to core attacks 7 second cooldown
    Freeze Solid - Refreshes Ice Spear cooldown (Used in burst rotation) 30 second cooldown
    Ice Armor - +44 to all cold attacks

Fire
    Calefaction - Applies 80% Cold debuff for 12 seconds 12 second cooldown
    Flesh to Fuel - +208 to core attacks (Used in burst rotation) 20 second cooldown
    Scintillating Flame - +99 to core attacks 7 second cooldown

Rotation

Pre-apply Ice Armor
    Regular Rotation- Scintillating Flame> Ice Lightning> Calefaction > Ice Spear 3-7k every 8 seconds
    Burst Rotation-Scintillating flame>Calefaction>Ice Lightning>Flesh to fuel>Ice Spear>Freeze Solid>Ice Spear 10-16k damage every 30 seconds

I lost the exact build i had made for this but still had all the damage written down on my notepad. If anyone would like me to reconstruct it so that they can follow this exact build route feel free to ask and id be glad to update it.
    Last edited by VanHelsing; 04-13-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are these numbers with or without the ice damage potions /enhance damage mods from tailoring?
    Couple of months ago when I was running Ice and Fire magic set up for single target damage was most of the damage mods for fire magic weren't applying right,not sure if that's been fixed yet either.
    Calefacation in particular was bad for the mods coming out right as far as expected damage I remember,and pretty much everything as subtly lower than what you'd think you should see.
    Part of the plot being I was using fire magic mods to boost core attack damage for other stuff,namely mentalism for a nice large system shock and ice magic for ice spear.

Having said that are you crunching the numbers from Gorgon Explorer or in game?
    Don't mean to come off as a nit pick but I saw closer to 3k on ice spear from the high end of all the mods doing good. I thought I was pretty decently geared,looked liked you used higher tier mods or something like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for the late response @OpieFisher

The number crunches are something i did on my own. And the numbers are with Ice potions, and fully maxed gear with all the appopriate mods. The build was lost but
    yes the numbers are accurate. How gorgon does its calculations is it actually multiplies all added damage, i shall show you a quick example to maybe help clarify how these numbers are possible.

Flesh to Fuel - +208 to core attacks (Used in burst rotation) 20 second cooldown
    If you had say a core attack with a mod that increases dmg by 100% and it happened to be a core attack the damage from flesh to fuel which is added along with the ability would get increased by the %.

So having an ice spear with 100 dmg then adding 208 resulting in 308 then increasing it by 100% you would end up with a 616 ice spear. Then apply the Cold debuff from calefacation afterwards and your 616 ice spear now does a wopping 1108 damage. (The 100 ice spear base was just a random number selected to showcase this example)

The way abilities are multiplied are as such

Ability dmg + extra damage x % modifiers x type modifiers (slashing/fire/ice/crushing/etc) x debuff (slashing/fire/ice/crushing/etc)modifiers

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing i ran fire/ice with mainly modded gear and i used all those abilities for over 3 months, maybe i should re look into it and see how far off i'm from that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right on,was just wondering if you saw any wonkiness between listed damage on some of the fire magic stuff and actual damage.
    Really like fire/ice magic though so it's always good to see it getting some attention.

Thread Footer