Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! And a question about progression.

Hello everyone! Really been enjoying the game so far, it's been a while since I stayed up super late playing games, but this game has got me staying up until 5am for a few nights in a row. Every time I get on, I end up playing hours longer than I'm planning on, because everything is so fun.

I feel like my progression is slow, though. I've played 37 hours. My highest combat skills are Unarmed (28) and Psychology (24), though I just switched Psychology to Mentalism (8). My noncombat skills have mostly been Gardening (33), Cooking (26), and Butchering (19). Endurance is 21, Dying is 10, and Compassion is 19.

I'm using pocketed gear from a guildie, which is making my life a lot easier, but I feel like I should be a lot farther along than the beginning of Eltibule. I dunno, it feels weird, but it might have something to do with the binging sessions, since I'm money capped with a few vendors, but that forced me to add favor for a lot of NPCs.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say you are doing fine. Everyone goes throught the cap/build favor phase and then realizes that building favor with NPC's is a huge thing to work on. For recipes, new skills, hidden quests, better prices and bigger money pools. You can easily do things in Eltibule and it's adjacent dungeons up above 40. I'm at 70/70 with similar skills and will regularly solo down into the depths of the goblin dungeon. Also die doing it. Higher levels doesn't mean that a bunch of elementals won't beat you to death if you are overconfident. Some next areas are kur and ilmari with various caves and dungeons, but the content and enviroment get much tougher.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi compass, welcome to Project: Gorgon.

At a quick glance, your progress seems fine to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. I haven't played much old school MMO like this before, but comparing my progress to things like Albion online, it seemed slow. Good to know I wasn't doing something horribly wrong.

Thread Footer