Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After learning how the direction of the game is becoming more clear, I'd like to change my comments. There are tons of reasons to play alts now with ever increasing cost of leveling combat skills past 60. It would be way more affordable to have a healing spec toon, a tank toon and a dps toon. The tank/heal specs would be more affordable up to lvl 60 content.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I was getting frustrated I was thinking about coming back and playing my druid alt but I don't fancy doing all the crafting again. I love crafting but doing it over would be zero fun.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the distilled knowledge we usually get off of Pennoc is actually something that we are going to craft for ourselves. You get the materials and draw off your experience. You can then sell it to other players or draw it off an old alt and give it to a new one. And you don't have to every run out of room to get xp, just draw yourself down one level and get more xp when you do more fighting or crafting. This would to some extent solve the problem of not wanting to redo skills from scratch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would definitely make things easy if we could transfer some knowledge to alts. Who really wants to get all the npcs back up to soul mates. Maybe if the transfer between character's chest had more like 50 slots instead of 8, it would be so much easier to play alts w/o needing to re level stuff.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritfingers View Post
    Maybe if the transfer between character's chest had more like 50 slots instead of 8, it would be so much easier to play alts w/o needing to re level stuff.
    Agreed. The small size of the account-wide storage also encourages people to multi-log instead of using alts on one account, which sort of lessens the value of having more character slots -- which as i understand it is meant to be one of the benefits of VIP status.

I think it would be a good idea to add value to having alts on a single account somehow. Maybe hangouts could contribute some small bonuses to other alts on your account.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    Agreed. The small size of the account-wide storage also encourages people to multi-log instead of using alts on one account, which sort of lessens the value of having more character slots -- which as i understand it is meant to be one of the benefits of VIP status.

I think it would be a good idea to add value to having alts on a single account somehow. Maybe hangouts could contribute some small bonuses to other alts on your account.
    I didn't realize VIP had extra character slots. It wouldn't matter if you gave me double the regular numbers. The way the game is now, there is no way I'm even using an alt except for storage...if needed. Well, there is one exception. Since the game is going the route of specializing, I can see myself leveling alts for new combat skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely agree with the shared storage issue. But also we need more character slots, and I'd be more than happy to pay for them. I want a druid and a bat and a puppy and a cow and a regular character and... you get the idea. In FFXIV one character really can do everything but that's not true in PG because of restrictions and how expensive it is going back and forth with animals forms.
    Last edited by lilibat; 01-26-2017 at 12:42 AM. Reason: edits by the dept. of redundancy dept.

Thread Footer