Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raven Black Hero (Sword/Necro) Build

With all the newcomers recently i thought id throw some of my time into making a new build for you guys to enjoy! The build is based off of one of my favorite web series characters and will revolve around using sword and necromancy!
    To access the build go to

http://www.gorgonexplorer.com
    and input this code into the build planner tab
    jfrrhmyq Purple Set (If you want the Affordable version of the build)-Beginner Friendly

jfrpzj41Legendary Set (If you want to go all out with the build)

Required Crafting Skill - Transmutation
    http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Transmutation

Sword/Necromancy

Raven Black Hero
    Build

Abilities/Damage Output!

Lowest Damage is in White and is the damage done without using any external damage modifiers or the Death Hold debuff!
    Highest Damage is in Green and is the damage done consistently with external damage modifiers and the Death Hold Debuff!
    Windstrike Modified Attack is in Redand is the damage done INCONSISTENTLY through the use of the Windstrike +200 damage bonus and the external damage modifers + Death Hold Debuff

Debilitating Blow 803-1101-1693
    Parry 280-389-908
    Riposte 664-887-1729
    Wind Strike 238-356-640
    Many Cuts 256-383-683
    Precision Pierce 1596-1630-2570

Life Steal 48 Self-Heal: 60 +132 for every nearby enemy!
    Death Gaze 2313-2360-3352
    Wave of Darkness 2917-2992-3792
    Death Hold 624-644-1264
    Life CrushJust for combat refresh.
    (6th Ability you may chose)

Please note that the highest damage possible will only be achievable if using Windstrike prior to the next ability ,and Ferocity juice with calligraphy bonus which would result in a 19% damage increase for sword ,and 10% for Necromancy!
    Also the lowest damage possible is if you have not applied death holds 26% slashing debuff on the enemy or have not obtained the 19% damage bonuses from ferocity juice ,and calligraphy!
    The Damage in Green will be the damage done without a Wind Strike modifier!

Explanation and Rotation

-Explanation-

This build will let you solo most content in the game with ease, but still be mindful of what your pulling!

Now first i must explain one core mechanic of the build that is of the utmost importance and that mechanic is Rage Management.

Rage is the fist icon next to the mobs health and armor, upon the fist icon filling up the mob uses an ability that usually does a devastating amount of damage, and is the reason most wipe when trying to handle multiple mobs at once. The Rage icon fills after a mob attacks/or you attack and does scale with the amount of damage your attack does.

Now onto explaining the abilities!

-Sword Abilities-
    Debilitating Blow -25% dmg debuff to a mob which is essential when fighting a boss!
    Parry -50 dmg to next attack of all enemies within 5 meters ,and additionally removes up to 1200 or more rage from all of those mobs!
    Riposte -is an extra rage reducer thats single target and an a big armor restoration ability(Restores 90 armor every 10 seconds)! You want to use it to control whatever it is you'll be focusing
    Windstrike - is really good to get those red attacks i marked earlier! What attack you decide to use after windstrike is completely situational! You may want to boost your parry or many strike aoe, to burst down a small group of mobs/adds with low hp. (Example. Kur Tower Zombie Packs) Or maybe burst down a single mob with 3k or more hp.
    Precision Pierce- Does True damage and is good for killing mobs whose armor is keeping you from finishing it off, it also way out damages the big cooldowns such as finishing blow and decapitation with its low cooldown. (At least with this build taking precision pierce mods didn't interfere with the necromancy mods to much)

-Necromancy Abilities-
    Death Hold- Is used to apply slashing damage debuff and immobilizing mobs that runaway or mobs that you have deathgazed!
    Life steal (13 seconds) A big survival ability with a low cooldown and it scales with the amount of mobs you pull!With the mods i picked out it should self heal you for 60 + 132 for every mob within 10 meters! Use when below 192 health to use it to its full potential! (Overtime you'll be able to keep track of the mobs and know how low you can get before you use it)
    Death Gaze-Burst ability you want to use when you have applied debilitating blow/parry and know you can use it safely.
    Wave of Darkness-Burst ability you want to use when you have applied debilitating blow/parry and know you can use it safely.
    Life Crush-is used to obtain the combat refresh bonus's should you find yourself power hungry or low on health and armor.

-Rotation-

Debilitating Blow>Parry>Death Hold>Windstrike>Precision Pierce>Death Gaze>Wave of Darkness
    (With Death Gaze ,and Wave of Darkness on cooldown just spam Riposte in there place)

This is the order in which you want to prioritize your abilities, not necessarily the exact rotation you must follow.
    Having Debilitating blow and parry on a tough opponent is always priority as it ensures your survival.

You want to make sure that your always applying Death's hold before bursting the mob down with your precision pierce,Death Gaze,and Wave of Darkness combo. Reason for this being is Death Hold applies a immobilization effect on the mob which prevents it from running. Death gaze terrifies your target, so using death hold before loading your burst onto the enemy is nice.
    Riposte- Use if parry is down and the mob your focusing is low on rage/ if you have lost 90 armor
    Life steal - Use if you have lost 192 Hp or More

These i have left out of the rotation as they are completely situational. What this means is that at any given point during the fight you will prioritize one of these 2 moves over everything else in order to ensure your survival.

Bonus

Necromancy comes with 2 abilities which boost Health ,and Power by 200 allowing the user to obtain up to 900 or more Maximum-HP

If you have any skill combinations you want to see next feel free to ask!
    Last edited by VanHelsing; 04-10-2018 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Added Budget Build, Added Transmutation Explanation Link,Removed Text for quicker reading, Added rabbit hint

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you need to offset the edginess with something cute and innocent. allow me to make a suggestion:

Grim Lepus (Rabbit/Necro) Build

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, yes you are right

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruffon View Post
    you need to offset the edginess with something cute and innocent. allow me to make a suggestion:

Grim Lepus (Rabbit/Necro) Build
    I tried some combinations with Rabbit/necro and couldn't really pull off any good numbers. The sword/necro build is meant to be a build that just sticks to the character of the novel series as close as it possibly can, but it's combination still makes it viable for soloing. I could see Rabbit/Ice or rabbit/unarmed being a really good burst class though, but so far with what i have seen i don't think Rabbit and necro is currently good at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Build going out today, will be an Ice/Fire build. Will be a pure dps spec

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OKokok... So I had this craaaazy idea the other day and came here looking for validation and/or ideas...
    @VanHelsing : How would Rabbit/Ice compare to Ice/Necro, assuming the Necro skills used in this build?

I understand Unarmed is the go to offhand, but I'm already using that for DPS on my main and cow and wanted to try Necro on SOMETHING... and my Pig likes Pig/Ment and may add Priest someday unless Charged Pig becomes an actual thing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Rabbit/Ice would be better. As rabbit has mod's that synergize with Ice more allowing you to do more damage.
    () <--- anything that i put in these brackets means the number of mods attainable.

Thump causes the target to take +14% damage from Cold attacks for 10 seconds (x2)
    Carrot Power boosts your Direct Cold Damage +27% for 10 seconds (x1)

+55% Cold damage with Rabbit/Ice
    Necromancy offers no Synergy with Ice ,and has 0 mods that boost cold damage. (But if you want to try it go for it)
    As for charged pig, that would be cool, but i wouldn't bet on it.

For ment id recommend these combinations

Healing.
    Mentalism/Bard - Probably the best healer in the game if modded properly as it gives a ton of armor/hp heals for everyone in party along with damage boosting.
    Mentalism/Druid - 2nd best gives tanks more survivability.

Dmg.
    Hammer/Ment - abuses hammers electric ranged attacks to do massive amounts of lightning damage. Best Ment dps build currently in game!
    Lycan/Ment = which is one quick burst attack (somewhat useless afterwards)

Tank.
    Ment/Unarmed - Great tank, negates alot of physical damage allowing you to soak alot of damage and support allies at the same time.
    If fully geared it could easily be one of the best tank builds in the game, only weakness would be elemental damage, but with a healer and your heals with this combination you shouldn't die.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not honestly spent a lot of time looking at the Treasure Effects for synergies, as I don't have anything at 70 yet and I haven't even started on Augmentation/Transmutation, but I see what you are saying now... Interesting...

I do see that there may be possibilities with rabbit/necro with psychic damage, but still probably not a great fit and I like the idea of keeping either rabbit or ice as a feature of any loadout for him as why else be a rabbit?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=VanHelsing;9973][COLOR="#F0FFFF"] With all the newcomers recently i thought id throw some of my time into making a new build for you guys to enjoy! The build is based off of one of my favorite web series characters and will revolve around using sword and necromancy!
    To access the build go to

Abilities/Damage Output!

[COLOR="#D3D3D3"]Lowest Damage is in White and is the damage done without using any external damage modifiers or the Death Hold debuff!
    Highest Damage is in Green and is the damage done consistently with external damage modifiers and the Death Hold Debuff!

Precision Pierce 1596-1630-2570

Dont get where you are getting 1.5k for precision pierce from I use precision pierce with shield and I can only do 1k best depending on the situation inless I am missing a mod which I doubt I think this whole post on necro is flawed if the sword data is wacked

Also theres no way in hell wave of darkness is doing 2.9k-3792 necro isnt that good without resorting to external items even then I still doubt it
    Last edited by spider91301; 12-27-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jfrpzj41 - gives me an error message.

Thread Footer