Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question New weapon skills?

I've already seen axe mentioned as an upcoming weapon skill, but I'm wondering if there are any others planned. Stuff like polearms (yes, I know there are already some spears and halberds in game, but they're just staffs that do piercing or slashing damage instead of crushing damage), two-handed weapons (greatswords, battleaxes, mauls, etc.), and maybe some more exotic stuff like whips.

On a somewhat related note, will we ever be able to pick which hand we want to equip a weapon or something in? It'd open up a lot more options for builds that aren't currently possible because of skill-enabling items needing the same slot. I realize it's a lot of work for whoever is doing the animations (who likely already has a ton of work on their plate), but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citan recently mentioned that animations for offhand knife use are in the works:

Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    We've also begun fleshing out our animation list, adding missing ones that we didn't have budget for in the past. I've just ordered a batch of animations from our animator Vincent, and I expect those will show up in a month or so. This first new batch of animations includes combat animations for two skills: hammer (right now, hammer uses sword animations and it's kinda disappointing-looking) and off-hand knife (right now, knife can only be in the main hand due to animation limitations). We'll order more animations after that, although we'll need to go slowly at first while we work out the kinks in the new code system.
    So, definitely knife, and I think it's likely that we'll eventually have fancier slot options for other skills as well.

I haven't heard anything specific about new weapon combat skills but I'd expect to see more as the game progresses. There was a post by Citan a year or so ago stating that there will always be new skills in the game (sorry, I'm too lazy to search for it). The context was primarily crafting skills, but really, I see no reason this wouldn't apply to combat skills, too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhawkas View Post
    On a somewhat related note, will we ever be able to pick which hand we want to equip a weapon or something in? It'd open up a lot more options for builds that aren't currently possible because of skill-enabling items needing the same slot. I realize it's a lot of work for whoever is doing the animations (who likely already has a ton of work on their plate), but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
    I expect this is by design. It provides a way to balance skills easier for one thing, and to force some variety, too.

Thread Footer